• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where were the students last week?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

I have definitely gotten a better college atmosphere from my local d2 team the citadel recently. Fans show up and cheer the whole time and it's crazy fun. The usf atmosphere is really bad. It's a catch 22. You need atmosphere and tradition to bring fans and you need fans to bring atmosphere and tradition.

Edited by bullcocky101

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

I think a lot of the problem with the atmosphere is the stadium itself. The large club areas and plazas are a major problem. We need a 40k stadium with a smaller club area, making people stay in their seats. Having a stadium on campus also greatly improves the atmosphere.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  106

34 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

I think a lot of the problem with the atmosphere is the stadium itself. The large club areas and plazas are a major problem. We need a 40k stadium with a smaller club area, making people stay in their seats. Having a stadium on campus also greatly improves the atmosphere.  

Maybe, but doubtful. USF is a victim of our own surroundings--there are too many 'other' things to do instead of come out to the game.

Real-life example, two different couples who were at the FSU game...today, one couple chose to visit Disney World, the other couple is on the way to Gainesville to watch the Gators.

I never bought the "RJS is too far away/hard to find" and this just solidifies that thought.

Edited by Dan C.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

38 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

We'll have to have a lot larger/stronger fan base before building an ocs like that. You will lose sth's without fairly easy access to a Club area ...

6 minutes ago, Dan C. said:

Maybe, but doubtful. USF is a victim of our own surroundings--there are too many 'other' things to do instead of come out to the game.

Real-life example, two different couples who were at the FSU game...today, one couple chose to visit Disney World, the other couple is on the way to Gainesville to watch the Gators.

I never bought the "RJS is too far away/hard to find" and this just solidifies that thought.

I still think the atmosphere would be better. We need a smaller stadium on campus. We are a victim of being a young program, it takes time to build a fanbase. Trust me the Gators, FSU etc had their attendance issues when they first started, things will improve. If those fans really liked USF they could go to Disney another weekend...we only have 7 (hopefully 8) home games, schedule around the games. They could also give away their tickets if they really couldn't go. As for RJS being too far or hard to find...I agree that's a lie. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

We'll have to have a lot larger/stronger fan base before building an ocs like that. You will lose sth's without fairly easy access to a Club area ...

They could still have club access, but make the clubs a little smaller. We have too many people who hang out in the club all game. I also think the plazas take fans out of their seats. Would you be open to a stadium without plazas? 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  106

5 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

I still think the atmosphere would be better. We need a smaller stadium on campus. We are a victim of being a young program, it takes time to build a fanbase. Trust me the Gators, FSU etc had their attendance issues when they first started, things will improve. If those fans really liked USF they could go to Disney another weekend...we only have 7 (hopefully 8) home games, schedule around the games. They could also give away their tickets if they really couldn't go. As for RJS being too far or hard to find...I agree that's a lie. 

That's not the way most people think, or prioritize their weekend. Only the passionate fans prioritize spending their fall Saturdays with the Bulls.

There's nothing to do in Tallahassee, there's nothing to do in Gainesville, just like there's nothing to do in Lincoln, NE outside of going to the football game.

We have the opposite problem.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

Botched!

snippetattendyrbyyr.png

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

Just now, Rex Havoc said:

They could still have club access, but make the clubs a little smaller. We have too many people who hang out in the club all game. I also think the plazas take fans out of their seats. Would you be open to a stadium without plazas? 

I agree completely that way too many hang out in there. We've got friends who NEVER come out. It's freaking social hour. Less Club access will probably mean a significant jump in cost to get in there which I don't have a problem with but we're going to need a lot bigger base that will be whittled down.

I don't know about the no plaza thing. I think we need something other than the old traditional bowl with most of the non seating area under the stands. I kind of liked Nippert and the Maryland stadium for their set up, but both those playing fields were below ground level and don't know if that played a part in the set up ..... and don't know if we could pull that off in Florida.

• Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

True we have more things to do here but we just lack diehard fans. 

We had something going on then Holtz and first few years of Cwt happened. Will take several years of 9+ wins seasons to get a good base again.

• Upvote 1