• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

29 minutes ago, USF_Bullwinkle said:

It looked worse on TV than just 16,585. Even the 50 yard line section near the field was sparse. Do we go the OCS route next?

You already have an OCS.  It's pretty bouncy. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

43 minutes ago, KB said:

Ton of people in the club and a lot or people moved up to the shade in the 200 level.  

I second this. Lot's of people booked to club or the pirate ship. Even with that, the attendance was just crappy. Hats off to Collin for writing the article. The fan base at this little corner of the internet isn't the problem, it's the gen. pop.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  277
  • Days Won:  0

The only solution is to keep showing up and stay in your seats.  The players deserve to see fans in the stands, especially now that we're goo again.  TV and those they pay for the broadcast rights do not care about the fans in the stands.  If they did, they wouldn't schedule games in Florida for noon when games in Annapolis, Maryland start at 3:30.  

An OCS will solve nothing.  No way the cost can be justified.  I don't think the student section would have been much fuller if they only had to cross Fowler instead of journey down to RayJay.

The fanbase need to suck it up.  Apply sunscreen liberally and repeatedly (my knees and arms attest to my failure at doing this).  Drink water.  This is the best way to show support.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

4 hours ago, TheHorn said:

I am not a fan of guilting or shaming people as a motivator. It just doesn't work. Good god I have certainly engaged in it and worse. Sometimes I slide, like being part of the shameful booing of the coaching this past Saturday versus ECU but the idea is to try something different, something positive.

So we entered this year with the mindset that USF is trying to right the ship and we want to do our part.

This season, we are using our season tickets as a way to expose our program to new people. (did that come out right?) So far this year we have brought 8 new attendees to various games. By the end of the year it should be 16 new people total. We have had no one turn down the offer that didn't have a scheduling conflict, even for the noon games. In some cases we have purchased extra tickets just to accommodate everyone.

For those that have been so far, after each game, when asked by others how the game was, they all referred to USF using "we" and "our". This is from first time attendees with no ties to the program other than they live in Tampa!!! 

The people that sit in my section are engaging and make those we bring feel really welcome and that they are part of the experience. The product on the field is fun to watch.

We have a 2 and a 3 year old that come and get excited about being able to throw the Horns and say "Go Bulls!". Rocky sightings just send them over the edge not to mention they are a great excuse to get pics with the cheerleaders! Ok, that last part was for me.

This is what our guests get to see. You guys being awesome!

So looking forward at new ideas...

...I've wondered if inviting the guys over at TBT to come down and sit with us instead of sitting in boring press box (assuming they do that). Maybe that would give them a better perspective, make it more immersive for them? Not sure how to go about it but it seems like a cool idea.

Anyway, just trying to do something different, do something positive that shows others what we see in our Bulls and our Bulls community.

Very nice .... except for your suggestion at the end. You're not ever getting their lazy butts away from the press box and the free buffet.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  135
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Triple B said:

Very nice .... except for your suggestion at the end. You're not ever getting their lazy butts away from the press box and the free buffet.

But the kids are great about sharing their Goldfish crackers and I'm sure we could scrounge together enough sweaty dollars to get them a Bud Lite. Who could turn that down?!?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

There really is nothing better than being a loud obnoxious  (but not annoying) drunk at these games. Can't wait til the UCF game and the championship game. I'll never miss another home game again after that. Go Bulls! 

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf needs to win the conference this year and maybe we can talk about an ocs

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

There is one group of people responsible for the lack of excitement surrounding USF, one group. And its not the media, the alumni nor the casual fan.....its the students. I've been complaining about this for years. Yes, lack of media attention exacerbates the problem. Yes, alumni' need to come out in more force and pony up more cash. But it all starts with the students. A portion of the alumni, those on this message board for instance, are diehards, but like any team, diehards are not a majority. The majority of alumni are casual fans trying to recapture that feeling of pure unadulterated freedom from responsibility, a bit of that feeling that you don't know you have until you don't have it anymore. That energy, that feeling, comes from the students. Most students don't have kids or mortgages or shaky marriages. Most students biggest concern is getting that 5 page paper done by Monday or making sure that shirt is clean for the party tonight. A lot of alumni want to feel like that again. And when these alumni show up and look over to the student section and see more red seats and band members than partying students, it takes away the incentive to come to the game. Well ****, if the students don't care, whats the point?

Students show up, alumni show up, excitement generates, media pays attention, Bulls get in a P5 conference.

Stop making your whiny excuses, get your asses out of bed on time and get to the game

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

4 minutes ago, cophbulls said:

And when these alumni show up and look over to the student section and see more red seats and band members than partying students, it takes away the incentive to come to the game. Well ****, if the students don't care, whats the point?

I have never felt that way. My incentive is I enjoy football, specifically USF football, and as my kids get older I enjoy watching with them. It would be nice if current students decided to support their fellow students but that has no bearing on whether I go or not.

• Upvote 1