• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, cophbulls said:

I guess I grew up believing that the university you went to was the school you supported for life. Believe it or not I feel that USF saved my ass from a lifetime of mediocrity. I failed in my initial attempt at college out in Cali, I failed at trying to find a career in the military, I failed trying to find a career in sales after the military but USF still gave me a chance. As soon as I stepped onto campus things changed for me. I went from just wanting to be content to wanting to be successful. I spent from 94-01 @ USF, I recieved three degrees  from USF, I met my wife at USF, I got my first real job using knowledge i had gained at USF, I got to go to Europe, found my love for bourbon and now i have 2 kids, one in college, a houseful of pets and a nice house in a nice neighborhood, all because of the opportunity USF gave me. I used to have season tixs to the Lightning and the Rays but one day i realized that i was dumping money down a black hole to line the pockets of millionaires and billionaires. My wife and I decided to stop spending money on professional sports teams that dont give a hoot about me or my family and spend the money at the University that gave us so much. We now have season tickets to Football, basketball and baseball. We go to soccer games and volleyball games. We've been to some tennis and golf events as well. This is what I decided to do with my resources. This is where I want my energy and love going. Yeah it sucks sitting in the Florida heat at noon in September but I'd rather sit at noon in September every Saturday from now into eternity than stop supporting the school that gave me so much. I used to think that the majority of folks that support USF feel the same way as I do but the older I get the less idealistic I have become. I see the lack of commitment at arguably the most popular sporting events for USF, I couldnt possible imagine commitment for a baseball or volleyball game and it makes me sad how jaded of a society we have become.

It's "Give me a perfect environment with a championship team right now or I'm not coming." rather than "Win or Lose, GO BULLS!"

Sad. 

all in, love it

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, cophbulls said:

I guess I grew up believing that the university you went to was the school you supported for life. Believe it or not I feel that USF saved my ass from a lifetime of mediocrity. I failed in my initial attempt at college out in Cali, I failed at trying to find a career in the military, I failed trying to find a career in sales after the military but USF still gave me a chance. As soon as I stepped onto campus things changed for me. I went from just wanting to be content to wanting to be successful. I spent from 94-01 @ USF, I recieved three degrees  from USF, I met my wife at USF, I got my first real job using knowledge i had gained at USF, I got to go to Europe, found my love for bourbon and now i have 2 kids, one in college, a houseful of pets and a nice house in a nice neighborhood, all because of the opportunity USF gave me. I used to have season tixs to the Lightning and the Rays but one day i realized that i was dumping money down a black hole to line the pockets of millionaires and billionaires. My wife and I decided to stop spending money on professional sports teams that dont give a hoot about me or my family and spend the money at the University that gave us so much. We now have season tickets to Football, basketball and baseball. We go to soccer games and volleyball games. We've been to some tennis and golf events as well. This is what I decided to do with my resources. This is where I want my energy and love going. Yeah it sucks sitting in the Florida heat at noon in September but I'd rather sit at noon in September every Saturday from now into eternity than stop supporting the school that gave me so much. I used to think that the majority of folks that support USF feel the same way as I do but the older I get the less idealistic I have become. I see the lack of commitment at arguably the most popular sporting events for USF, I couldnt possible imagine commitment for a baseball or volleyball game and it makes me sad how jaded of a society we have become.

It's "Give me a perfect environment with a championship team right now or I'm not coming." rather than "Win or Lose, GO BULLS!"

Sad. 

You da man!

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

Sad. 

Hellz Yes!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Sad. 

Nicely stated. Agree, if you go to that school that should be your first team. Support the school in all areas that made you the person you are today. 

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

2 hours ago, cophbulls said:

Sad. 

Dude, USF should feature you in the Alumni magazine!

• Upvote 2