• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

Not having an OCS blows.  I've been to many campuses for games and the tailgating and "feel" of the event is so much better.  I realize RJS is a great stadium but it just have any Bulls heart.  I was at my daughters cfb game last week in Lexington for parents week.  It was a great time.  Even ran into the local UK chapter of my fraternity and did a beer funnel in their tent.  

I don't think an OCS would cure our attendance issues overnight but I sure think it would help.  I don't think anyone would deny its been a benefit for for our red head step brothers to the east.

Preach on brother duck

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

2 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

Not having an OCS blows.  I've been to many campuses for games and the tailgating and "feel" of the event is so much better.  I realize RJS is a great stadium but it just have any Bulls heart.  I was at my daughters cfb game last week in Lexington for parents week.  It was a great time.  Even ran into the local UK chapter of my fraternity and did a beer funnel in their tent.  

I don't think an OCS would cure our attendance issues overnight but I sure think it would help.  I don't think anyone would deny its been a benefit for for our red head step brothers to the east.

I agree but, you don't need it all at once. Start with organizing events to be paired up with each home game and start making your traditions. We have an incredible advantage over many schools in our location. We need to advertise ourselves as part of the community by inviting them in and getting them to stay for the games. If you do something enough times, it becomes a habit.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I'll bet if this game was played at ECU with the hurricane bearing down, they would have had more than 16,585 people there.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

1 minute ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I'll bet if this game was played at ECU with the hurricane bearing down, they would have had more than 16,585 people there.

But we never would have known ....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

18 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

I sit corrected.  He complains exponentially more than you.

And remember most of my complaining is about complainers, which like a double negative, which is a positive ...... so I have that going for me.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

3 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

True but ECU using the Stadium as a shelter shouldn't count. :angrymob:

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

10 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

True but ECU using the Stadium as a shelter shouldn't count. :angrymob:

We played in much worse last year at ECU, not sure of actual attendance but they announced 45,000.  It looked like about 15,000

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, KB said:

WoolyBully, that is a very sad commentary.  What would change your mind?  Winning, OCS?  Just curious.  I agree with you on every point except that this is college football.  Nothing beats the pageantry of college footballs on a Saturday.  And it will take fans like us to build that in Tampa. 

Nothing.The screw has turned.

It's not that I dislike USF football, it's just that the level of interest and excitement has waned. Neither winning nor an OCS would excite me to going the season ticket route.  That's just the way it is. To be clear, even if USF were to find itself in a P5 conference or playing in an OCS, I'd be hard pressed to give up the ranch on Saturdays. Somebody else can sit in section 234, row X seats ten through thirteen for the next eighteen or so years. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

And remember most of my complaining is about complainers, which like a double negative, which is a positive ...... so I have that going for me.

So 2 wrongs do in fact equal a right...

hqdefault.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, JoeB said:

We played in much worse last year at ECU, not sure of actual attendance but they announced 45,000.  It looked like about 15,000

We were at that game last year in the torrential downpour and the stadium was very crowded.  May not have been 45,000 but a heck of a lot more than 20,000