• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

12 minutes ago, KB said:

WoolyBully, that is a very sad commentary.  What would change your mind?  Winning, OCS?  Just curious.  I agree with you on every point except that this is college football.  Nothing beats the pageantry of college footballs on a Saturday.  And it will take fans like us to build that in Tampa. 

I think you've inadvertently stumbled onto the answer to your own question, "Pageantry". We have none of it. We lack history, OCS and Fan Fair.

That is what must be developed over time. We must encourage participation make each season a series of events leading up to the games themselves with scheduled events and family friendly parties. When it comes to fans, encourage inclusion to win them all. Get the little ones in so they can grow with the program it's self.

Use some of those advertising dollars to advertise events centered around game day. Taste and cook offs from local eateries. Have games and prizes sponsored by the Frats and local companies. Get everyone involved and watch the community grow together.

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Ned, I ask you too.  What would change your mind? 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

12 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

Why are the Big Wigs when games are played in beastly hot weather?  They are in their A/C'd luxury boxes, not in the stands, or buying $4.50 bottled waters to stay hydrated.

Maybe you should be a big wig.  If you say you don't want to be, then why you hatin'?  

1 minute ago, Ned A Starr said:

That should be Where, not "Why".   The big wigs, I'm referring to are university presidents, athletics, conference big wheels, etc....the people who have let TV take over college football.   So, no I have zero interest in being one of them.

How have Judy Genshaft and Mark Harlan let TV take over college football?  

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

I thought I complained more than anyone else on here ....

FIFY :angrymob:

32 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

To be honest, nothing will.  The game caters to TV, so that's how l'll watch it...in the comfort of my home.  BTW, loosing wasn't a factor in our decision to drop our tickets.

If loosing wasn't a factor, was losing?  

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,713
  • Days Won:  424

54 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

We dropped ours after 17 seasons, for many of the same reasons, but we haven't gone to any games since.

44 minutes ago, KB said:

Ned, I ask you too.  What would change your mind? 

29 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

To be honest, nothing will.

So you come on to a thread about stadium attendance to ***** and moan just for the sake of ******** and moaning ... All this time on message boards and I still don't understand the psyche of those whose main reason for "contributing" is just to gripe about things. Someone should do a study ....

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,713
  • Days Won:  424

7 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

FIFY :angrymob:

You must have Ned on Ignore ....

59 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

I think you've inadvertently stumbled onto the answer to your own question, "Pageantry". We have none of it. We lack history, OCS and Fan Fair.

That is what must be developed over time. We must encourage participation make each season a series of events leading up to the games themselves with scheduled events and family friendly parties. When it comes to fans, encourage inclusion to win them all. Get the little ones in so they can grow with the program it's self.

Use some of those advertising dollars to advertise events centered around game day. Taste and cook offs from local eateries. Have games and prizes sponsored by the Frats and local companies. Get everyone involved and watch the community grow together.

Not having an OCS blows.  I've been to many campuses for games and the tailgating and "feel" of the event is so much better.  I realize RJS is a great stadium but it just have any Bulls heart.  I was at my daughters cfb game last week in Lexington for parents week.  It was a great time.  Even ran into the local UK chapter of my fraternity and did a beer funnel in their tent.  

I don't think an OCS would cure our attendance issues overnight but I sure think it would help.  I don't think anyone would deny its been a benefit for for our red head step brothers to the east.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You must have Ned on Ignore ....

I sit corrected.  He complains exponentially more than you.