• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

If it makes you feel any better, UConn and Cincinnati's attendance is worse than ours.  UConn announced 24K at yesterday's game (we announced 30).  There's no way more than 13-15K fans were in actual attendance at UConn's game w/Cincinnati.  Also, watch Houston's drop like a rock, now that they are out of CFP.

I think the start time is what makes a huge difference.  Like it or not, thousands less fans are going to show up and sit in the sun, than an evening game, unless it's a big time opponent like FSU. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

33 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

If it makes you feel any better, UConn and Cincinnati's attendance is worse than ours.  UConn announced 24K at yesterday's game (we announced 30).  There's no way more than 13-15K fans were in actual attendance at UConn's game w/Cincinnati.  Also, watch Houston's drop like a rock, now that they are out of CFP.

I think the start time is what makes a huge difference.  Like it or not, thousands less fans are going to show up and sit in the sun, than an evening game, unless it's a big time opponent like FSU. 

^ This is truth!!!!! Preach on brother.  :icon_drink:

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

Should have been an evening game.   Fans stink

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Not a good showing at all. Heck there were folks who stayed and tailgated and one guy LEFT right before the game started. His excuse as "were gonna win today anyways..." lol a few years ago we couldn't get people cause they assumed we were gonna lose, now a few have the opposite problem. :facepalm:

Anyways I would like to see the numbers for the ESPNNEWS broadcast to see how those looked. As long as people are watching. I anticipate next week's to be better at 7p.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Maybe CWT is an evil genius and he went to run up the score so the press would have something to write about other than attendance.

Edited by SANJAY
  • Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,231
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

Student turnout was very disappointing .... and I'd suggest you try and move seats to under the overhang, It's a blessing for senior citizens.

My wife and I sit in 212 B and yesterday we stopped at the top of the section and thought the shade there may be worth moving our seats up there for. I don't let game times affect my attendance and I deal with the heat but I have to admit the shade is better. And I know too many people who won't go because of the heat. My son sits with us and is a 2015 grad and he says a lot of his friends don't like it either.  So, I am on the side of putting pressure on TV to not do the early season noon starts or else think about some netting or shading additions to the stadium like they have done in Miami. Fixing the heat problem won't fix our overall support but it is one thing the could be improved upon.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

Agree completely. I think we have a relatively large sth contingent that are families and fall Saturday afternoons are full of youth athletics/activities and those pm games are going to be a killer.

3 hours ago, E.T. said:

Nope ... the purchases help us. 

Sorry, ET, maybe I wasn't clear.The "be a killer" I was referring to was a killer to the actual attendance that some fans and some media are needlessly fixated on.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

5 hours ago, Ned A Starr said:

Universities and Conferences allow TV to run the show. The don't give a crap about fans/season ticket holders

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  930

I didnt think it was all that hot out saturday, was wearing a long sleeve shirt and recovering from the flu too so that may have been part of it, but I grew up in FL so it seemed like a good football watching day to me

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294

7 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Yes.  Most of the club access people were inside.

This^ I was there and it must have been 100 degrees and everyone seemed to be in the club level or below deck avoiding the heat. I would have guessed 20k max.