• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You Guys Need To Chill

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

33 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

No they don't because BGSU has a new coach. You might know him, we outscored his team 45-3 last week over the last three quarters. 

I don't know why I'm still watching this Memphis game, but you might be right about NIU being better than BG. Bowling Green has like 7 drops this game, and 2 leading to pick 6s

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  360
  • Days Won:  0

I'll admit I was pretty bummed after the game, but now that I've settled down (and sobered up) I'm honestly not worried. No, this team is not ready to contend for national championships or even face-off against those that do, but I have no doubt that they can contend for an AAC Championship. We are officially over the hill IMO, its all downhill from here. No more Dalvin Cooks, for one thing. From here on out I believe we can and will win each and every game. While I am a bit nervous about Cincy, Temple, Memphis, and UCF, I think we manage to get by them. But we need to do what FSU did this week: recuperate after a crushing loss and focus that much harder on the next opponent to prove that that game today was not the best we can do. Dont get me wrong, its gonna be tough against Cincy. Theyre hopin for our spot in the CCG and no doubt they want payback for last year... But I really really REALLY just want to get to that CCG and win, if for no other reason than to make UCiF fans' go-to "empty trophy case" jokes invalid...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

This is The Bullspen, you don't chill in The Bullspen!!

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,564
  • Days Won:  28

5 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Scares me too. But watching them play now they are not that good. 

There are a lot of teams we spanked last year that wants revenge. It didnt help syracuse who just beat UCONN. Now FSU had their worse loss in  school history. And they got crapped on by the media and their fans from the comments I saw. Im not worried about Cincy. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  360

Probably gonna get some **** for this but honestly the passing stats are closer than I originally thought. Frenchy got a few more attempts and completions but overall didnt get too much more than we did.  And yes, I realize a good chunk of our pass yardage was on the first play but I believe they got a few deep completions too(?)

The run game on the other hand....

USFvsFSU.JPG

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

For me it's just a little disheartening and humbling. I really thought we were back as a program and not just back as a program that will end seasons with winning records, but back as a program that could compete with almost any team in the country. Obviously not there yet. Just a bump in the road. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

Just now, USFbulls24 said:

For me it's just a little disheartening and humbling. I really thought we were back as a program and not just back as a program that will end seasons with winning records, but back as a program that could compete with almost any team in the country. Obviously not there yet. Just a bump in the road. 

Def not there yet.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,564
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, RedBull13 said:

Probably gonna get some **** for this but honestly the passing stats are closer than I originally thought. Frenchy got a few more attempts and completions but overall didnt get too much more than we did.  And yes, I realize a good chunk of our pass yardage was on the first play but I believe they got a few deep completions too(?)

The run game on the other hand....

USFvsFSU.JPG

These numbers makes me feel better. 450 yards of offense/290 Rushing ain't bad my friend. Good post. We just played an FSU that just had their worse loss in school history. And Dalvin Cook was playing to not get kicked out of the first round of the NFL draft. they had more to lose than us. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Time of possession is what killed us. 

• Upvote 1