• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We learn about our defense today

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Didn't like what I saw today on Defense.  Aside from only giving up 20 points, it was ugly.  So so Soft from our corners, and not much of any adjustments from the coaches.  Thankfully Syracuse isn't very good (even though they had 550 yards of offense and close to 30 first downs).  We have to be better

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

Long story short we hate soft D on the BullsPen. Give us hard D or we won't be satisfied!!! ;)

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

Jesus guys, it was soft on purpose because they were running a million dink and dunk plays. 

That's what people said after Western Carolina they whole season it was soft.  We shall see.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

1 hour ago, Bulls On Parade said:

That's what people said after Western Carolina they whole season it was soft.  We shall see.

Exactly.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  125
  • Days Won:  0

I wonder if the Defense changed up its game plan after all of those bombs in the first quarter..  It seemed like coverage was tight at first, but after the Orange put up a couple of quick Td's with long passes, the Bulls went into more of keep everything in front of them to prevent the deep ball approach.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Rewatched it this morning... We looked drunk in Q1 then we had a puking rally... Not mad at that

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

Its 2016, everyone is going to run a ton of plays and put up yards. The D really struggled on third down early, which kept them on the field. The second TD was a bit of a fluke/brain freeze. Bad snap and two DBs got caught looking in the backfield and WR ran past them.

They key was forcing turnovers and field goals, which we did after the first two drives. It looked like we were not ready for the steady dose of HB dive we got for the first 10 minutes. We did make an adjustment on that and basically shutdown the RB for the rest of the game.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

One of Cuse's early TD passes the receiver was not open, very well covered, it was amazing the ball was caught, and the announcers were slobbering on the QB while I was thinking how dangerous of a pass it was. Latter on similar passes got intercepted. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

22 minutes ago, Gismo said:

One of Cuse's early TD passes the receiver was not open, very well covered, it was amazing the ball was caught, and the announcers were slobbering on the QB while I was thinking how dangerous of a pass it was. Latter on similar passes got intercepted. 

Their first deep pass was a miracle as well. The defender was all over it and thought it fell. 

On a similar note our first stop pass was missed because the defender was blocking the route. The receiver was faster but couldn't run through the defender. You would think the commentator would have picked up on that. After rewatching the game it seemed they had their minds made up that all missed passes were because of QF inaccuracies.