• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Guest PCBull14
3 minutes ago, Calibull said:

I'm not getting excited over 2 games.  I'm looking at the trend and body of work.  This team has won 10 of their last 12 and the scoring average is climbing.  I'm not looking at FSU, I'm looking at Cuse.  Flowers is fine.  He's got better from game 1-2... and expect it from game 2-3.   King is doing a great job with him.  He's not going to be perfect, nobody is.  I watched top QBs throw passes into the dirt on short routes all day long.  He's getting better and I look for him to improve against Cuse.  He hasn't even really started running yet because he hasn't needed to.  In a big game like FSU, I can see him doing just the opposite of what you're concerned about, I think he could get in that game and just go HAM.  Keeping him contained is not easy.  I think many people here are taking what he does lightly.  He forces defenses to play us differently.  I still don't think some here realize how good we are.  

shhhhhhh. :GoBulls:

Some also don't realize we've barely run 40% of the playbook if that. But Sush! lol. 

Edited by PCBull14

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,564
  • Days Won:  28

I remember MVC dropped a touchdown pass QF three right into his chest. We ended up kicking a field goal.  There was about 3-4 drops in that game as well. The first game had me worried, today they all played better and looked solid.  A few dumb penalties, but that can be fixed. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

23 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

shhhhhhh. :GoBulls:

Some also don't realize we've barely run 40% of the playbook if that. But Sush! lol. 

:GoBulls:

Edited by Calibull

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

14 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I remember MVC dropped a touchdown pass QF three right into his chest. We ended up kicking a field goal.  There was about 3-4 drops in that game as well. The first game had me worried, today they all played better and looked solid.  A few dumb penalties, but that can be fixed. 

Indeed

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,672
  • Days Won:  424

13 hours ago, Triple B said:

Absolutely he did ..... Pretty much every qb does .... I think what sets off the QF detractors is that some of his misses are really really ugly. Realtiy is he went 20-33 and the majority of those completions were of the short to intermediate variety.

34 minutes ago, ToroDeFuego said:

I don't think it's fair to call any critics of him detractors. I like Flowers from the start. I think he is the best QB we have and unquestionably should be the starter. But I have always had doubts about his accuracy. It's probably the only weakness of his game but not something that he can't improve. He looked a little better this game than the first but he won't have the luxury of as many second chances against better defenses.

If you don't think there are a few posters on here that will have problem with him pretty much no matter what he does, not sure what I can tell you ...

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, T-Man said:

Agree!  Wow, he missed a few targets and it was ugly.  Some of his passes resembled the poor bastard that threw at "Hootie" 2nd in the contest!

Perfect .....

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

https://twitter.com/USFFootball/status/774816112760459264

"It's beginning to feel a-lot like two thousand seevveen"

Edited by Bull-Hornz

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

If you don't think there are a few posters on here that will have problem with him pretty much no matter what he does, not sure what I can tell you ...

I realized I worded that ambiguously but I couldn't edit it. I meant to say "I don't think it's fair to call all critics of him detractors". It's pretty obvious that there are some people on here that can't read any criticism of Flowers without resorting to calling the critics haters. 

6 minutes ago, ToroDeFuego said:

I realized I worded that ambiguously but I couldn't edit it. I meant to say "I don't think it's fair to call all critics of him detractors".

Got it and agree completely.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,051
  • Days Won:  469

2 hours ago, The Sheriff said:

you have to make the easy throws if you want to be successful

This.

I hope to see QF improve in this area.