• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Men's basketball schedule released

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

12 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Getting ready for our drop to ASUN play when the BIG12 invite fails to materialize 

Alright that's a stretch even for you.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Bulls1181 said:

Looking at the roster, I hope that we can start 3 guards, Holston, Bibby and McMurray, after that not sure what we have... Guerrero and Ziegler are the only other players that played some minutes last year. 

Geno Thorpe is our next best guard. He was a transfer from Penn State who practiced with the team for all of last year. The big men are going to be inexperienced past Guerrero and Ziegler, but I have heard good things about Tulio Da Silva. I wasn't very impressed with the limited minutes Luis Santos had last year, and Isaiah Manderson is eligible beginning the second semester (or conference play, I forget). We also get rookie Malik Fitts who is still a mystery, but hopefully he pulls a McMurray. Any injuries on this team will be a killer, but I still like this team and like our coach. Go bulls :GoBulls:

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I'm going 10 wins with 3 in conference.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Sounds weird... but I think they could win 17 games this season.  Looking at the roster and the schedule, they could make a run.  Holston and Murray... they are good.  Also for those who have never really heard of him or seen him play... Malik Fitts is really good.  Saw him play in high school and he has a game.  He plays a lot like a player from Kentucky that played for the Heat, Jamal Mashburn.  I would not be surprised if he sees significant time as a freshman.  Oh... DaSilva can ball.  I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up starting. 

This squad is long and athletic.  I think they'll finish over .500. 

Edited by Calibull

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, Calibull said:

Sounds weird... but I think they could win 17 games this season.  Looking at the roster and the schedule, they could make a run.  Holston and Murray... they are good.  Also for those who have never really heard of him or seen him play... Malik Fitts is really good.  Saw him play in high school and he has a game.  He plays a lot like a player from Kentucky that played for the Heat, Jamal Mashburn.  I would not be surprised if he sees significant time as a freshman.  

This squad is long and athletic.  I think they'll finish over .500. 

A little optimistic Cali! Antigua will save his job with 17 wins.. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,649
  • Days Won:  424

3 hours ago, Bulls1181 said:

Looking at the roster, I hope that we can start 3 guards, Holston, Bibby and McMurray, after that not sure what we have... Guerrero and Ziegler are the only other players that played some minutes last year. 

I'm just glad to see Bibby's name on the roster. Never did see anything official about him joining USF.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,649
  • Days Won:  424

4 hours ago, raptorcj said:

Brace yourselves. If you think the football attendance numbers are bad...:(

I'd be surprised if there is a noticeable difference. BB numbers are always bad, with a limited amount of diehards there thru thick and thin ....

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

10 hours ago, Triple B said:

I'd be surprised if there is a noticeable difference. BB numbers are always bad, with a limited amount of diehards there thru thick and thin ....

This men's basketball offseason was pretty bad; I thought we had hit rock bottom last season. I'm fairly certain that this upcoming season will prove me wrong. I'll be in my seats though.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

With nowhere to go from up I'm looking forward to it!

• Upvote 1