• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Early Bowl Predictions

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

4 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Also, we could be FSU and still go to the conference championship and win that with one loss. FSU with one loss would more than likely still have a chance at the CFP. 

You know where I stand... I think we're going to beat FSU.  Not just me as a USF homer... I see chinks in their armor that our offense and defense can exploit.  I think we'll do a much better job keeping Cook contained.  I'm not saying we're going to shut him down, but he's not going to get over 110 yards against us.  I get that feeling, these guys have some pride.  They know what he did last season.  Backs ever have follow up games like that the next season when the other team has gotten better.  I know we were also down Auggie in the second half and played that game without Whitehurst and Harris, or first and second string Stinger LBs.  We actually had to start a freshman that game (Holman I believe)... The second half it was Holman and Danny Thomas playing in the middle.  A true freshman and a redshirt freshman.  We were hurting, that won't be the case this time.  I like us for the W!

:GoBulls:

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, Calibull said:

You know where I stand... I think we're going to beat FSU.  Not just me as a USF homer... I see chinks in their armor that our offense and defense can exploit.  I think we'll do a much better job keeping Cook contained.  I'm not saying we're going to shut him down, but he's not going to get over 110 yards against us.  I get that feeling, these guys have some pride.  They know what he did last season.  Backs ever have follow up games like that the next season when the other team has gotten better.  I know we were also down Auggie in the second half and played that game without Whitehurst and Harris, or first and second string Stinger LBs.  We actually had to start a freshman that game (Holman I believe)... The second half it was Holman and Danny Thomas playing in the middle.  A true freshman and a redshirt freshman.  We were hurting, that won't be the case this time.  I like us for the W!

Let's hope we can stay healthy, because I feel like this USF team may have the most explosive offense we've ever seen them have. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Let's hope we can stay healthy, because I feel like this USF team may have the most explosive offense we've ever seen them have. 

That's the key... stay healthy.  That's why I'm happy we do so much on grass.  It really saves guys knees and when our guys get on turf, they fly!  But yeah... gotta stay healthy... especially along the Oline. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

5 hours ago, Calibull said:

This is what I said on another post and half of TBP said I was crazy because they think FSU is the greatest thing since sliced bread, and I claimed that Houston will be a tougher game than them. I think we split the Navy / Temple games, have a head scratching loss to like, ECU or something, then go into the CCG with 2 losses and lose to Houston, finishing 10-3 before the bowl game. I really think the AAC east division is going to beat each other up this year. Temple is going to be good, Cincy and UConn will be predictably unpredictable, and UCF / ECU will be at the bottom, but will upset some teams. So I think we still win the division with a 6-2 conference mark

Edited by NavyUSFGuy

• Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

This is what I said on another post and half of TBP said I was crazy because they think FSU is the greatest thing since sliced bread, and I claimed that Houston will be a tougher game than them. I think we split the Navy / Temple games, have a head scratching loss to like, ECU or something, then go into the CCG with 2 losses and lose to Houston, finishing 10-3 before the bowl game. I really think the AAC east division is going to beat each other up this year. Temple is going to be good, Cincy and UConn will be predictably unpredictable, and UCF / ECU will be at the bottom, but will upset some teams. So I think we still win the division with a 6-2 conference mark

Actually it would be totally USF to beat FSU and lose to ECU .

I'm flirting with 10-3 too honestly. But I look at the schedule and all of the rosters on the teams and almost can't logically place how we lose to our conference opponents with our roster. They are finally built like a powerhouse. I keep thinking we will lose head scratchers but maybe that's not us anymore. I can see a lot of games going the way of UConn or ECU last year where it's a nail biter; but eventually our speed will kill. Maybe 11-1 isn't so crazy. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

If we have a loss, I don't think it will be Temple or Navy... the only team that actually worries me a little is UConn.  I just don't think they have the team speed needed to put together a game plane to beat us.  ECU just had a complete coaching overhaul. They lost their top 3 offensive guys and are putting in a new system, I don't see them beating us in Tampa.  Temple... I know it's there, I just don't think they have enough talent.  I honestly don't think last season was an anomaly and I think that while their defense lost a bunch of key starters and may only take a small step back, our offense is likely a lot better and the separation between the teams will show.  I think that is the thing that's going to define this season.  USF will show there is a clear separation in talent in the AAC between us and the rest of the eastern teams.  West too excluding Houston. 

But I do follow your logic.  I think if we're 10-2 we lost to FSU and UConn.  I don't see us losing both.  Nothing against Navy but when Reynolds wasn't in the game, they completely stalled against us.  I know they are a system team, but we've seen the wishbone now and they don't have him.  He was great... not just good... great.  

3 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

Actually it would be totally USF to beat FSU and lose to ECU .

I'm flirting with 10-3 too honestly. But I look at the schedule and all of the rosters on the teams and almost can't logically place how we lose to our conference opponents with our roster. They are finally built like a powerhouse. I keep thinking we will lose head scratchers but maybe that's not us anymore. I can see a lot of games going the way of UConn or ECU last year where it's a nail biter; but eventually our speed will kill. Maybe 11-1 isn't so crazy. 

I just don't think we'll lose a head scratcher this season.  Call me crazy, think the guys are past that.  It's going to take a hell of a game to beat us.  I don't see any teams outside of Uconn and Houston in conference that has the talent and scheme it takes to beat us.  UConn has the scheme, Houston has the talent.  I don't think they'll play down this season.  All these guys talk about is a conference championship.  I think not getting into the title game and then losing the bowl has left a salty taste in the teams mouth.  I don't think they'll have a letup this year.  This was one of the smoothest camps we've had in years.  This is the first time coming out of camp where I look at Taggart and sees he thinks this is  a team that can win it all. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

3 hours ago, Calibull said:

I just don't think we'll lose a head scratcher this season.  Call me crazy, think the guys are past that.  It's going to take a hell of a game to beat us.  I don't see any teams outside of Uconn and Houston in conference that has the talent and scheme it takes to beat us.  UConn has the scheme, Houston has the talent.  I don't think they'll play down this season.  All these guys talk about is a conference championship.  I think not getting into the title game and then losing the bowl has left a salty taste in the teams mouth.  I don't think they'll have a letup this year.  This was one of the smoothest camps we've had in years.  This is the first time coming out of camp where I look at Taggart and sees he thinks this is  a team that can win it all. 

I really think Temple's RB Jahad Thomas was injured during the USF game. Go back and watch the hit he took after his first TD when they went up 7-0. He wasn't the same the rest of the game, and I don't think it was only because of USF's D. Couple that in with QB PJ Walker returning, and a lot more D coming back than we realize, and I think Temple is going to be a tougher game than a lot of people are expecting. Also, Not sure I can buy into UConn being decent until I see Bryant Scheriffs play decent at QB. The guy plays way too hesitant. I will say though, they have a sick secondary. And don't underestimate Navy! They will still be an 8-9 win team before bowl season imo

Edited by NavyUSFGuy

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

We haven't had this much hype since we finished 5-7

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Well now is the time to dream so go for it.......How exciting would it be for a conference championship game of two unbeaten teams from the American....Houston VS USF

• Upvote 4