• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Early Bowl Predictions

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,422
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

If we beat FSU, as long as we play well we should be ranked or the winner of our conference, which will make the loss not as bad for FSU. Once you are ranked, you are ranked and the victory is over a ranked team. Now if we end up sucking after beating FSU then they may not make it. As for us, all we have to do is win and be the highest ranked no P5 team. If we are to make the playoffs, it’s impossible w/o  beating FSU. If we beat them they can still make the playoffs.

yUP

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,630
  • Days Won:  6

CFN has us coming in second in the AAC and playing at FAU vs. Marshall.  How can a bowl game be at the on campus home stadium of a team in CUSA.  That's quite a reward for a successful season!

http://collegefootballnews.com/2016/preseason-american-athletic-conference-bowl-projections

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

What if we end up playing FSU twice? What if we end up facing them in St. Pete :stirpot:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, HR Bull said:

What if we end up playing FSU twice? What if we end up facing them in St. Pete :stirpot:

What if we beat them twice :pimp:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

4 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

CFN has us coming in second in the AAC and playing at FAU vs. Marshall.  How can a bowl game be at the on campus home stadium of a team in CUSA.  That's quite a reward for a successful season!

http://collegefootballnews.com/2016/preseason-american-athletic-conference-bowl-projections

This same site also says UCif will be in a bowl game. I don't see them going 0-12...but unless they are drastically better they won't sniff a bowl game. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

9 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

This same site also says UCif will be in a bowl game. I don't see them going 0-12...but unless they are drastically better they won't sniff a bowl game. 

Haven't you heard?  Scott Frost is the second coming!  It doesn't matter that it's a completely new coaching staff and that they came off an 0-12 season.  Scott Frost will fix all of that immediately.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Face it, if we don't win the conference, we will be going to the whocares.com bowl against the little school for the blind. Our bowl tie ins are super weak. With that said I will still be there partying my arse off.

• Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

On August 22, 2016 at 9:57 AM, bullsmeanbusiness said:

Not quite sure how you can have USF in a NY6 game and have FSU winning the CFP.  Only one of those two can happen. In order for USF to even have a possibility to make a NY6 game we have to beat FSU, thus having FSU out of the CFP picture...

A 13-1 USF team with a close loss to FSU would likely get the nod is what they're likely assuming.  

Edited by Calibull

• Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

8 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

Haven't you heard?  Scott Frost is the second coming!  It doesn't matter that it's a completely new coaching staff and that they came off an 0-12 season.  Scott Frost will fix all of that immediately.

Their fans know.  They have to put a good spin on the season though.  I know... I was there when Coach T came in.  But I knew we weren't good.  You just can't admit it because if you do, what do you have?  That's what is going on with them and frost... who could also be a bust as a head coach.   Never know...

Edited by Calibull

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

21 minutes ago, Calibull said:

A 13-1 USF team with a close loss to FSU would likely get the nod is what they're likely assuming.  

Also, we could be FSU and still go to the conference championship and win that with one loss. FSU with one loss would more than likely still have a chance at the CFP.