• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Good read: media and AAC/Big12

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

1 minute ago, jasonb56 said:

This goes back to the question i asked a few weeks back, would you pay $200 to stream USF sports in 4K on a site like Netflix (which broadcasts in 4K) per year?

If you could see me now, I'd be throwing money at this idea--Scrooge McDuck-style. I may take a swim in some gold, if anyone would care to join me. :FIREdevil:

disney coins scrooge mcduck duck tales money bin

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

25 minutes ago, jasonb56 said:

This goes back to the question i asked a few weeks back, would you pay $200 to stream USF sports in 4K on a site like Netflix (which broadcasts in 4K) per year?

I would, but how many others would?  Would there be enough demand?  I don't know the answer to that question.  

Even the SEC would have trouble getting casual fans to pony up $200 for the season, IMHO.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, TallyBull said:

I know, I know.  'Tis all a dream.

I used to read word up magazine.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,746
  • Days Won:  3

15 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

I would, but how many others would?  Would there be enough demand?  I don't know the answer to that question.  

Even the SEC would have trouble getting casual fans to pony up $200 for the season, IMHO.

I wouldn't. When I see the phrase "USF Sports" that translates to nothing but football and basketball - as that is where my interests lie. I find it hard to believe that there would be sufficient demand, given the current level of interest (as I see it from attendance) to drop $200 for just this.

• Upvote 1

Guest PCBull14
50 minutes ago, jasonb56 said:

I would and not even thank about it and still keep my same Season Ticket level. Its about supporting the program when it needs it most.

This talk about the networks not wanting to add small market teams has me smiling. This is the reason why the Big 12  commissioner made those remarks regarding what they'd like expansion candidates to have. From the looks of it probably at least two major market teams are added in parts of the country currently uncovered.

Going to be interesting. I could dig watching games on amazon, Netflix, or whatever platform. As long as I get my Bulls away games for all sports I'm good.

13 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

I wouldn't. When I see the phrase "USF Sports" that translates to nothing but football and basketball - as that is where my interests lie. I find it hard to believe that there would be sufficient demand, given the current level of interest (as I see it from attendance) to drop $200 for just this.

On the other hand, if instead of charging some kind of premium for streaming USF sports, it's just included as part of a standard subscription fee (e.g. Netflix streaming's $10 per month), I'd be much more likely to sign up for that service in addition to whatever I currently have.  

Plus USF would lose fewer total eyeballs - which we need to build the USF brand over time.  Remember, die hard USF fans like us are currently few and far in between, even in Florida, much less the overall U.S.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  156
  • Days Won:  1

It'd be interesting to see a conference control their own destiny by streaming their own games and seeking out their own advertising dollars. Jumping to Netflix or Amazon might be the next step, but I foresee a future where the big boys (SEC/B1G) broadcast games online without anybody standing between them and the ad dollars. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

http://www.campusrush.com/big-12-expansion-tv-contract-espn-fox-1957715979.html

More media anger over B12... Sounds like court fight looming if any new schools are taken, and any of the new schools might not get ANY money for years, as the current 10 schools would have to pay them out of pocket till ESPN and FOX pay up...

U..G..L..Y..

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, jasonb56 said:

http://www.campusrush.com/big-12-expansion-tv-contract-espn-fox-1957715979.html

More media anger over B12... Sounds like court fight looming if any new schools are taken, and any of the new schools might not get ANY money for years, as the current 10 schools would have to pay them out of pocket till ESPN and FOX pay up...

U..G..L..Y..

Messy.  Tbh I think the best scenario for us right now might be no expansion at all...  the Big XII appears to be the Jerry Springer of P5 conferences.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

On August 3, 2016 at 2:47 PM, TallyBull said:

Messy.  Tbh I think the best scenario for us right now might be no expansion at all...  the Big XII appears to be the Jerry Springer of P5 conferences.

Yeah this is getting ridiculous. Also, who pays the conference exit fees? $10M is a lot of cheese to pony up...