• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Good read: media and AAC/Big12

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,971
  • Days Won:  469

As Big 12 expansion looms over AAC, new media could end up pivotal to both leagues’ futures on.si.com/2ardb8u

http://www.campusrush.com/aac-big-12-expansion-new-media-tv-deal-1956747135.html

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

the current landscape tumult indicates that could mean watching South Florida play East Carolina live on Amazon in 2020.

The future...

2 hours ago, jasonb56 said:

the current landscape tumult indicates that could mean watching South Florida play East Carolina live on Amazon in 2020.

The future...

Not sure if you're posting sarcastically or not.. but this really is the future.  Remember, Twitter will be streaming NFL games to a global audience this fall.

Sites like Amazon, Twitter, Netflix, etc could provide a global audience without worrying about cable TV rights.  ESPN is not available around the world, but Amazon is. Twitter is.

Imagine being a USF graduate living in anywhere in the world... and being able to watch every USF football game from your home!

• Upvote 3

I wasn't being sarcastic... I really believe this is on the horizon for USF, and college sports in general. 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

The AAC already has its own digital network, so the basic foundation is already set. I'd love to be able to stream my USF games, whether it's soccer, football, basketball, softball, etc. via my Roku box. Cable is a dying media.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

I wonder how much each American school could earn per year as part of an Netflix/Amazon/Twitter deal.  How much would they overpay to land their first CFB broadcast?  How "rich" would it be to make nearly as much (if not more) than P5 schools because we were flexible and innovative?  More money, better coaches, better facilities, and... perhaps a P6 conference is born.  

I know, I know.  'Tis all a dream.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

38 minutes ago, JimUSFSig said:

Not sure if you're posting sarcastically or not.. but this really is the future.  Remember, Twitter will be streaming NFL games to a global audience this fall.

Sites like Amazon, Twitter, Netflix, etc could provide a global audience without worrying about cable TV rights.  ESPN is not available around the world, but Amazon is. Twitter is.

Imagine being a USF graduate living in anywhere in the world... and being able to watch every USF football game from your home!

Hopefully not playing East Carolina though.... Oklahoma or Texas sounds better!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

This is EXACTLY the reason I think the Big12 goes with 4 teams. They're pretty much guaranteed the cash for 8 years and EVERY one of us in the G5 will give them a ton of that money just to get in. TAKE the MONEY - NOW!

Unless ESPN and Fox can control Amazon, Twitter, etc... I think that by the end of the SEC and ACC contracts they may be wishing that they weren't locked in until 2034.

A La Carte broadcasts are on the way.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

30 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

I wonder how much each American school could earn per year as part of an Netflix/Amazon/Twitter deal.  How much would they overpay to land their first CFB broadcast?  How "rich" would it be to make nearly as much (if not more) than P5 schools because we were flexible and innovative?  More money, better coaches, better facilities, and... perhaps a P6 conference is born.  

I know, I know.  'Tis all a dream.

Don't forget Facebook.  They are also streaming now and I think they are going to expand very, very quickly in that space.

This goes back to the question i asked a few weeks back, would you pay $200 to stream USF sports in 4K on a site like Netflix (which broadcasts in 4K) per year?