• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sources: NCAA investigating USF for academic fraud

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

Any insider updates on the investigation

I can settle with Cincy, USF, UCF, and Houston being the additions to the Big 12 (since we can't do it alone)

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

What if, and this is just crazy talk, COA is innocent? Oliver took it upon himself to get a little shady to help his brother (and himself) and didn't let COA know anything about it on the off chance he got busted and the NCAA started digging.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

11 minutes ago, JTrue said:

What if, and this is just crazy talk, COA is innocent? Oliver took it upon himself to get a little shady to help his brother (and himself) and didn't let COA know anything about it on the off chance he got busted and the NCAA started digging.

I don't think that is crazy talk at all.  In fact, I would not be overly shocked if that is exactly what comes out.  Either way, COA is gone soon or at the end of this year. 

Edited by ArmyBull

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

17 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Honestly that's what I'm hoping for. I'm not saying anything close to him being guilty btw, was just responding to smazza's assumption. I do think it would be a little goofy that he wouldn't be his "brother's keeper", so to speak, but I really want to believe the guy is straight up.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

23 minutes ago, JTrue said:

What if, and this is just crazy talk, COA is innocent? 

Image result for office space quotes hypothetical  

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,613
  • Days Won:  51

1 hour ago, Bear said:

Any insider updates on the investigation

I can settle with Cincy, USF, UCF, and Houston being the additions to the Big 12 (since we can't do it alone)

Do you think anybody on TBP wouldn't be ok with those 4?

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

8 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

Do you think anybody on TBP wouldn't be ok with those 4?

Seriously, they could invite FAU, FIU, and Florida Gulf Coast.  As long as we are one of the four, I could care less.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,545
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, Brad said:

UNC academic fraud case, for comparison:

"North Carolina admitted wrongdoing in its response to the latest NCAA notice of allegations against it but the school also contends the NCAA is overstepping its bounds in the allegations.

The NCAA re-opened its academic fraud investigation into the school in 2014 and issued an amended notice of allegations in the spring. The investigation surrounded sham classes in the African and Afro-American Studies department that had a disproportionately high enrollment of athletes.

The original investigation resulted in a postseason ban for the North Carolina football team after the 2012 season. Football coach Butch Davis was fired by the school and athletic director **** Baddour stepped down.

.... "

more

Figured this, rather than the bogus thread, is the more appropriate spot for this.

Not knowing hardlyany particulars in ours, kind of hard to compare but the UNC seems to affected a lot more than one athletic program ..... which, hopefully, all ours is.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

NCU had sham classes for 30 to 40 years and effected almost all of their athletic programs. Yet, they have received little punishment and most of that was self imposed. If the NCAA has any hope of redeeming themselves, they need to hammer UNC. If they don't then they really should just fold up shop and let the conference admins take over. Most schools would receive the same punishment anyway. If you're not producing, you get sanctions. If you are producing revenue then you get a pass.

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

A source said "so learning is not important, and stupid athletes stay athletes." Stupid!...and, "important not is learning," so said Source A.