• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

Quote me if I'm wrong, and yes almost counts for nothing, but the only embarrassing road game we had last year was Maryland, BEFORE our offense started clicking. We should have upset Navy on their turf. QF played conservative because of his helicopter stunt against SMU. We do something more to stop Dalvin Cook and don't throw a pick in the ends one and you're looking at a completely different game. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Quote me if I'm wrong, and yes almost counts for nothing, but the only embarrassing road game we had last year was Maryland, BEFORE our offense started clicking. We should have upset Navy on their turf. QF played conservative because of his helicopter stunt against SMU. We do something more to stop Dalvin Cook and don't throw a pick in the ends one and you're looking at a completely different game. 

end zone** oops. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Stopping Cook has to be paramount. Not sure if they abandon the 4-2-5 to go more classic 4-3 for more bodies up front or what, but Houston proved if you can hit Cook in the backfield he doesn't get to that second gear. Once he gets passed the line it's goodbye. Not saying that is easy, but in my opinion can't let Cook beat you, make whoever the QB is (Francois or Maguire) beat you. They're defense is gonna be stupid good, but can't play conservative either.

Last year Fisher was sandbagging that game, really needed to put up points early and often. Unfortunately losing Auggie, after already having Harris and Whitehurst suspended, really killed us in the second half. That's why Cook ran for a billion yards after halftime. 

That Navy game was so frustrating. I thought our speed would overpower them after that opening Adams TD; they just controlled the clock so much and we couldn't capitalize o the chances we had. 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Pre-season predictions are like being at the bar at 1:30 AM....everyone looks great but the next morning can leave you with a hell of a hangover

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Ionbull said:

Stopping Cook has to be paramount. Not sure if they abandon the 4-2-5 to go more classic 4-3 for more bodies up front or what, but Houston proved if you can hit Cook in the backfield he doesn't get to that second gear. Once he gets passed the line it's goodbye.

Don't forget, they have one of the fastest guys in college football at WR. Just not sure they have a guy to get it to him. Just gotta keep them in front of us somehow.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I hope FSU starts Maguire.  A little statue in the pocket would be nice for our defense to go after.  Have a feeling it will be Francois though, and with Jimbo's QB whisperer ability, he'll be the next Winston.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

4 hours ago, dabull80 said:

Pre-season predictions are like being at the bar at 1:30 AM....everyone looks great but the next morning can leave you with a hell of a hangover

I've never been in a bar at 1:30 AM and thought everyone looks great.  Normally the later you're at the bar, the uglier the women are. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

13 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Normally the later you're at the bar, the uglier the women are. 

You've never been to a bar at 1:30am, have you?

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

A 2 at 10pm is a 10 at 2am. :icon_drink:

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

6 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

7 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Quote me if I'm wrong...

end zone** oops. 

Hey, now, come on. You beat us to it before we even had a chance!

• Upvote 1