• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

Predicts USF to go 8-4 in the regular season:

2016 South Florida Bulls

2016 Prediction: 8-4
2016 American Athletic Prediction: 6-2
Sept. 3 Towson WIN
Sept. 10 Northern Illinois WIN
Sept. 17 at Syracuse Loss
Sept. 24 Florida State Loss
Oct. 1 at Cincinnati Loss
Oct. 8 East Carolina WIN
Oct. 15 Connecticut WIN
Oct. 21 at Temple Loss
Oct. 28 Navy WIN
Nov. 5 OPEN DATE
Nov. 12 at Memphis WIN
Nov. 19 at SMU WIN
Nov. 26 UCF WIN

Sources:

USF Preview

AAC Prediction

Ranking of each team

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

It seems they default to loss with road games against decent teams.  I personally think we're going to win out.  

• Upvote 3

• Content Count:  1,075
  • Days Won:  2

So let me get this straight...CFN has us losing to Temple but UCF beating them?  That makes tons of sense.  Our schedule is very favorable weather wise too...@Temple and @Cincy before Halloween.  They still have us winning our division at 6-2, I guess that is possible. but no way we lose to Cincy, Temple and Cuse.  If we don't win a road game until Nov. 12th, Willie is doing something wrong.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, TheUpperHand said:

The weirdest thing to me was that we obliterated Syracuse, Cincy, and Temple by an average score of 51-24 last year but we're going to lose to all 3 this year despite returning, and building on, almost our entire team?

All 3 were home games for us, so they're saying we can't play with that intensity on the road. We'll see, I think there's a few unknowns for us, but with all the returning starters I can't see where we'd lose all three of those games.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,106
  • Days Won:  6

6 hours ago, raptorcj said:

All 3 were home games for us, so they're saying we can't play with that intensity on the road. We'll see, I think there's a few unknowns for us, but with all the returning starters I can't see where we'd lose all three of those games.

Cinci will be gunning for us and if they are a decent team next year will be a tough game for us on the road.  The revenge factor has to be pretty high after we humiliated them last year.  I think we eek out a win over them simply because we are in Tuberville's head.  I think it will be the beginning of the end for him and he is out after the season.  (Cinci wants to make a strong case for the B12 and that means winning the AAC and Tommy needs to deliver.)

Temple is going to be another tough game for the same reason.  I think we match up well against them but who knows.

I am not sure why everyone thinks we will lose to Syracuse.  We always seem to do well against them home or away.  They always seem slow to me.

I do think we are going to be a surprise to people this year who think we are the same old USF.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Not losing to Cuse, i'm sorry but they are terrible.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

predictions arent crazy

usf has something to prove but they are now expected to win

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

If you read the rest of the predictions, most of them are very bold with some crazy outcomes; he also assumed for most teams that a decent away game will equal a loss. Just check out his top four, has Boise in it and Houston not far behind. With all that in mind his USF prediction is kinda meh. He's basing off Cuse having a huge upswing with Babers and us not playing well on the road. @Cinci is a scary trap game though coming right after FSU. 

Edited by Ionbull

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, mark_my_words said:

Cinci will be gunning for us and if they are a decent team next year will be a tough game for us on the road.  The revenge factor has to be pretty high after we humiliated them last year.  I think we eek out a win over them simply because we are in Tuberville's head.  I think it will be the beginning of the end for him and he is out after the season.  (Cinci wants to make a strong case for the B12 and that means winning the AAC and Tommy needs to deliver.)

Temple is going to be another tough game for the same reason.  I think we match up well against them but who knows.

I am not sure why everyone thinks we will lose to Syracuse.  We always seem to do well against them home or away.  They always seem slow to me.

I do think we are going to be a surprise to people this year who think we are the same old USF.  

Good post, I mostly agree.  I couldn't have been happier that we curbstomped Cincy last year - they certainly dealt some embarrassing blows to us over the years, especially the one where Pike got hurt and Collaros came in and ran all over us.  

Cincy and Temple games will be tough, but I think the Cuse game will also be tougher than people think.  I can't really put into words why - it's just a feeling.

I like our home schedule and feel pretty confident about it, with the exception of the FSU game, but if we can somehow stop Dalvin Cook in that game, or at least limit his damage, we may have a chance.  

• Upvote 2