• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You Can Tell Madden Is Made In Orlando

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, DataBull said:

As I have already stated, there is more to the story I am not sharing publicly.  But if you want to continue to be a jackass, please feel free.

I would be interested in hearing it.  Assume there is some control by UCF 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

23 hours ago, ajusf16 said:

I would be interested in hearing it.  Assume there is some control by UCF

Nope, I'm playing with my ball solo, then going home. See ya, suckas! :D

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/16/2016 at 11:39 AM, slick1ru2 said:

BJ Daniels has a 0 overall rating at QB in the latest weekly roster update. He's listed as a WR is most likely why, but his WR rating is 57 with slow for a wr 83 speed. His catch ratings aren't bad though. His arm strength is rated below average.

For the uninitiated, Madden updates rosters weekly during the season, changing player ratings, position and injury status for the week based on the previous week's events. EA was too lazy to even change his position back to QB when he went to the Texans weeks ago. 57 would put him with the lowest rated players in the game, he is the lowest rated wr, the next lowest rated is Neal Sterling on the Jags rated 59. I didn't go through all the ratings, he may be the lowest in the game.

Here's a letter the lowest rated player sent John Madden a few years back, lol.  Hilarious.

http://www.woosk.com/2010/05/ethan-albrights-letter-to-john-madden-about-being-the-lowest-rated-player-in-madden-football.html 

What does it matter?

What would you rating for him be?

I can't believe this is even a thread.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

7 hours ago, fla331boy said:

What does it matter?

What would you rating for him be?

I can't believe this is even a thread.

For anyone who's interested, here is the email I sent a friend of mine who works for EA and is a UCF grad.

Jeff,

Since you work at EA in Orlando, you're going to settle an argument a bunch of us are having on the USF board. I'm going to assume you're being honest when you do, even though you're a UCF grad.

1) What percent of the people in your office are UCF grads?
2) How much bias is involved in assigning ratings to players?
3) Have you ever personally screwed us because of your poor choice in higher education?

AIbEiAIAAAAiCJCOxrP3qLyclwEQv4utkerFleUB

Jeff 

7:02 PM (1 hour ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Hey man.

1.  I have no idea. There are a few but I don't really ask everyone where they went to school.

2.  None. It's an algorithm based on previous years stats, games played and some other influences.

3.  Every chance I get, which is none.

Suck it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

4 hours ago, JTrue said:

For anyone who's interested, here is the email I sent a friend of mine who works for EA and is a UCF grad.

Jeff,

Since you work at EA in Orlando, you're going to settle an argument a bunch of us are having on the USF board. I'm going to assume you're being honest when you do, even though you're a UCF grad.

1) What percent of the people in your office are UCF grads?
2) How much bias is involved in assigning ratings to players?
3) Have you ever personally screwed us because of your poor choice in higher education?

AIbEiAIAAAAiCJCOxrP3qLyclwEQv4utkerFleUB

Jeff 

7:02 PM (1 hour ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Hey man.

1.  I have no idea. There are a few but I don't really ask everyone where they went to school.

2.  None. It's an algorithm based on previous years stats, games played and some other influences.

3.  Every chance I get, which is none.

Suck it.

You honestly believe that in a company like that the sports affiliations of your fellow employees don't come up often .... but he probably didn't ask everyone or know the actual percentage ... and "some other influences" ..... really? He is definitely one of the shrewder Kanigits.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

5 hours ago, Triple B said:

You honestly believe that in a company like that the sports affiliations of your fellow employees don't come up often .... but he probably didn't ask everyone or know the actual percentage ... and "some other influences" ..... really? He is definitely one of the shrewder Kanigits.

For ****'s sake, Trip, would you rather I went with the double secret source and just said, "I know a guy who works there...but I'm not telling any more so you're going to have to trust me" nonsense? From many conversations we've had on this since he started working there, he said it's an office. Yes, there are sports fans who make their allegiance known, but there are plenty of people who are just going to work at EA and don't care about sports. His office isn't a Sportscaster commercial. And the "other influences" on the ratings...when I asked him about UCF people knocking down USF players his response was something along the lines of, "My boss doesn't give a **** about either school and the people I know who can actually influence ratings would prefer to remain employed instead of losing their job over USF's backup QB arm strength."

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

You have never been there, I have.  You don't have the connections I have, but you believe KNOW more than I do.

If that makes you feel better, great.  I'm passing along information, not debating on whether your limited information is better.  

But this obsession you have developed on this topic is disturbing.  I really could care less who you believe.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

20 minutes ago, JTrue said:

For ****'s sake, Trip, would you rather I went with the double secret source and just said, "I know a guy who works there...but I'm not telling any more so you're going to have to trust me" nonsense? From many conversations we've had on this since he started working there, he said it's an office. Yes, there are sports fans who make their allegiance known, but there are plenty of people who are just going to work at EA and don't care about sports. His office isn't a Sportscaster commercial. And the "other influences" on the ratings...when I asked him about UCF people knocking down USF players his response was something along the lines of, "My boss doesn't give a **** about either school and the people I know who can actually influence ratings would prefer to remain employed instead of losing their job over USF's backup QB arm strength."

By the way, do you really think the person doing the ratings would lose their job because some of the ratings are off?  Most of the ratings are purely subjective.

ROFLMAO, you really have no clue how this works.  Good luck with your sources!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

It's not made in Orlando. That is a ruse. It is made in some dudes basement in  Beijing.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I've taken my ball home, y'all. Miss me yet? :D