• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You Can Tell Madden Is Made In Orlando

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

7 hours ago, ajusf16 said:

My best friend works for them and is heavily involved in Madden.  He runs the 'packs' stuff (I admittedly have no idea what it is called) and is in charge of marketing.  USF Alum and loves the Bulls.  I can tell you that the conversations they have do not reflect where players went to college.

In fact I will send him this just to hear his reaction.

And I can tell you, beyond any doubt, that when EA was making NCAA in Maitland the conversations did exist.  They may have happened off campus at happy hour, but there was no doubt the game pumped up UCF and beat down USF.  In addition to it being obvious to any one who played the game, in this instance I absolutely have better placed sources than you do.  

When we had one of our best years in the Big East before the downfall and UCF had a terrible year in CDOA, the following season in the game UCF came out with higher ratings across the board.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

36 minutes ago, DataBull said:

And I can tell you, beyond any doubt, that when EA was making NCAA in Maitland the conversations did exist.  They may have happened off campus at happy hour, but there was no doubt the game pumped up UCF and beat down USF.  In addition to it being obvious to any one who played the game, in this instance I absolutely have better placed sources than you do.  

When we had one of our best years in the Big East before the downfall and UCF had a terrible year in CDOA, the following season in the game UCF came out with higher ratings across the board.

What year was that?

8 minutes ago, JTrue said:

What year was that?

Back when we walked to school four miles in our bare feet.  Uphill.  Both ways.

50 minutes ago, DataBull said:

Back when we walked to school four miles in our bare feet.  Uphill.  Both ways.

I was just curious which year you thought USF was definitively better than UCF in the preseason and EA shafted us. Since you mentioned it was after  "one of our best years in the Big East," I have to assume it you're referring to one of the three season we went 4-3 in conference. So that would be 2005, 2006, or 2007. And since it was the season after you said we got screwed, that means it was 2006, 2007, or 2008. So let's take a look.

2006 USF 9-4 C+ UCF 4-8 C 

2007 USF 9-4 C+ UCF 10-4 B- 

2008 USF 8-5 B UCF 4-8 B-

I'll pick 2007 out of this batch, since it's the only year that actually fits your complaint.

So in a year that USF went 9-4 and EA Sports gave us a C+ overall, C offense, C+ defense, C+ special teams, and 2 stars for prestige and gave  10-4 UCF a B- overall, a B- offense, B- defense, B special teams, and 2 stars of prestige, you think UCF moles in Maitland did us in? 

My question is, how in the world did the UCF mob let EA publish a game where in the other two years USF was ranked ahead of UCF?!? For god's sake, they have 75% of the staff working there and they put that **** on the shelves with USF ahead of UCF?

Edited by JTrue

4 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I was just curious which year you thought USF was definitively better than UCF in the preseason and EA shafted us. Since you mentioned it was after  "one of our best years in the Big East," I have to assume it you're referring to one of the three season we went 4-3 in conference. So that would be 2005, 2006, or 2007. And since it was the season after you said we got screwed, that means it was 2006, 2007, or 2008. So let's take a look.

2006 USF 9-4 C+ UCF 4-8 C 

2007 USF 9-4 C+ UCF 10-4 B- 

2008 USF 8-5 B UCF 4-8 B-

I'll pick 2007 out of this batch, since it's the only year that actually fits your complaint.

So in a year that USF went 9-4 and EA Sports gave us a C+ overall, C offense, C+ defense, C+ special teams, and 2 stars for prestige and gave  10-4 UCF a B- overall, a B- offense, B- defense, B special teams, and 2 stars of prestige, so think UCF moles in Maitland did us in? 

My question is, how in the world did the UCF mob let EA publish a game where in the other two years USF was ranked ahead of UCF?!? For god's sake, they have 75% of the staff working there and they put that **** on the shelves with USF ahead of UCF?

I don't think, I know.  I can't say more out here in public.

And by the way, you do realize that our schedule was far more difficult, thus record isn't the only factor, right?

1 hour ago, DataBull said:

UCF troll giving me a thumbs down?  LOL

24 minutes ago, DataBull said:

And by the way, you do realize that our schedule was far more difficult, thus record isn't the only factor, right?

And you do realize that the difference between a 9-4 team from the Big East with a C+ preseason and 10-4 team from CUSA with a B+ isn't exactly the kind of thing most people are still whining about 10 years later, right?

9 minutes ago, JTrue said:

And you do realize that the difference between a 9-4 team from the Big East with a C+ preseason and 10-4 team from CUSA with a B+ isn't exactly the kind of thing most people are still whining about 10 years later, right?

Stating fact is whining? 

And why do you care?  This thread would have been over ten posts ago if you were not insistent upon finding something in one of most posts to whine about.

Edited by DataBull

1 minute ago, DataBull said:

Stating fact is whining? 

And why do you care?  This thread would have been over ten posts ago if you were not insistent upon finding something in one of most posts to whine about.

fact

play 
noun \ˈfakt\

Simple Definition of fact

Popularity: Top 10% of words
  • : something that truly exists or happens : something that has actual existence

• : a true piece of information