• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You Can Tell Madden Is Made In Orlando

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

On 1/16/2016 at 11:39 AM, slick1ru2 said:

BJ Daniels has a 0 overall rating at QB in the latest weekly roster update. He's listed as a WR is most likely why, but his WR rating is 57 with slow for a wr 83 speed. His catch ratings aren't bad though. His arm strength is rated below average.

For the uninitiated, Madden updates rosters weekly during the season, changing player ratings, position and injury status for the week based on the previous week's events. EA was too lazy to even change his position back to QB when he went to the Texans weeks ago. 57 would put him with the lowest rated players in the game, he is the lowest rated wr, the next lowest rated is Neal Sterling on the Jags rated 59. I didn't go through all the ratings, he may be the lowest in the game.

Here's a letter the lowest rated player sent John Madden a few years back, lol.  Hilarious.

http://www.woosk.com/2010/05/ethan-albrights-letter-to-john-madden-about-being-the-lowest-rated-player-in-madden-football.html 

I love BJ but we are talking about a 3rd string QB/ 7th string WR who spent most of the year on the practice squad. He is slow for a WR, with a 4.6 40 (Jordy Nelson runs a 4.5). The arm strength is silly but if they are basing it off NFL results there isnt much to go by unfortunately.

As a guy who goes back and forth to the practice squad I would expect him to be one of the lowest rated players week in and week out.

Edited by Capital H
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

On January 22, 2016 at 8:53 PM, JTrue said:

For anyone who's interested, here is the email I sent a friend of mine who works for EA and is a UCF grad.

Jeff,

Since you work at EA in Orlando, you're going to settle an argument a bunch of us are having on the USF board. I'm going to assume you're being honest when you do, even though you're a UCF grad.

1) What percent of the people in your office are UCF grads?
2) How much bias is involved in assigning ratings to players?
3) Have you ever personally screwed us because of your poor choice in higher education?

AIbEiAIAAAAiCJCOxrP3qLyclwEQv4utkerFleUB

Jeff 

7:02 PM (1 hour ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Hey man.

1.  I have no idea. There are a few but I don't really ask everyone where they went to school.

2.  None. It's an algorithm based on previous years stats, games played and some other influences.

3.  Every chance I get, which is none.

Suck it.

It's updated weekly, they are still updating it. The latest version they have moved him on the Texans roster from QB to WR and haven't changed his player type to QB. Looking deeper at his ratings, they have under his traits they have him as a scrambling QB that's trigger happy and forces passes. He's the 7th worse rated WR in all of Madden.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  360
  • Days Won:  0

For what its worth, EA Sports also used to make the NCAA games, which was basically Madden for colleges. Its final year (it got discontinued due to licensing issues) was NCAA14, which some of you may remember (or not, I personally try to repress it) as the year that UCiF won the Fiesta Bowl and we scraped out a whopping 2 wins. In that game, we were actually ranked higher than UCF. Sure it was by a measly one point (we were 87, they were 86 I believe) but still...

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, RedBull13 said:

For what its worth, EA Sports also used to make the NCAA games, which was basically Madden for colleges. Its final year (it got discontinued due to licensing issues) was NCAA14, which some of you may remember (or not, I personally try to repress it) as the year that UCiF won the Fiesta Bowl and we scraped out a whopping 2 wins. In that game, we were actually ranked higher than UCF. Sure it was by a measly one point (we were 87, they were 86 I believe) but still...

So we should have been a 100 that year and those ************* lowered us all the way down to an 87 just to keep us close to UCF?

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

An 86 non BCS team. Not unless its Boise St or BYU.

Anyway, The latest roster update has BJ back at QB, still listed as a WR and still O rating at that position.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  360
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/2/2016 at 0:41 AM, slick1ru2 said:

An 86 non BCS team. Not unless its Boise St or BYU.

Anyway, The latest roster update has BJ back at QB, still listed as a WR and still O rating at that position.

Correction: We were 84, they were 83