Jump to content
  • Join us at The Bulls Pen

    It's simple, free and connects you to other Bulls fans!

Back down to Earth


Recommended Posts

The season was a success, at least by our standards, but it is a little disappointing that we couldn't get past the CUSA Champion. Somebody posted in another thread that we had the better athletes, and that would be the difference in the game, which was my thinking as well. Thought we were ready for bigger and better things, but apparently we would rank as the second or third best team in CUSA. Regardless,  we are headed in the right direction, and next year should be fun to watch.

Was very happy with the progress of Flowers this year, but his body language wasn't the best when a win was still within reach in today's game. Way too much moping around I thought. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Members do not see this ad, Register
1 minute ago, USFBulls727 said:

The season was a success, at least by our standards, but it is a little disappointing that we couldn't get past the CUSA Champion. Somebody posted in another thread that we had the better athletes, and that would be the difference in the game, which was my thinking as well. Thought we were ready for bigger and better things, but apparently we would rank as the second or third best team in CUSA. Regardless,  we are headed in the right direction, and next year should be fun to watch.

Was very happy with the progress of Flowers this year, but his body language wasn't the best when a win was still within reach in today's game. Way too much moping around I thought. 

I'm looking forward to seeing if AW is the real deal or was his Elite 11 win just a fluke. Hopefully he can at least put pressure on QF to improve his throwing mechanics. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, bullsfan1983 said:

WKU is a veteran top 25 team. No shame in losing to them. They were the better team today. Our star QB and RB are both only sophomores. Before the season most any USF fan would take an 8-5 record with 4 of the 5 losses against ranked teams.

If we want to be ranked we gotta win those games and I don't like settling for less than best.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The painted man (David239) said:

If we want to be ranked we gotta win those games and I don't like settling for less than best.

If we take care of business next year and win the conference we will be ranked. We weren't getting ranked this year. We won 7 of the final 9 games. Coming from back to back seasons where we won a total of 6 games that is good progress. I expect another step forward next year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BrowardBull17 said:

Need to get out and recruit some defensive players. Cecil Cherry should help stop the run next year. Some more DB's would be nice.

The db didn't play well, but when the dline cannot get pressure without blitzing it makes it difficult. Their qb had 5 or more seconds to pass on almost every play. Even the best corners can't cover that long successfully 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not saying it was a shameful loss, just that I thought it was winnable, and yes, 8-5 exceeded my (and probably many people's) expectations. Just making the bowl is definitely a step in the right direction. I had it in my head that our defense would have been a different caliber than WKU is used to, but that was obviously wrong. The guy threw for nearly 500 yards. Exciting game though. Should be fun next year.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

The db didn't play well, but when the dline cannot get pressure without blitzing it makes it difficult. Their qb had 5 or more seconds to pass on almost every play. Even the best corners can't cover that long successfully 

I blame the blown coverages. How many easy TD's did this guy throw for? Guys wide open with nobody around.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

It appears you are using ad blocking tools.  This site is supported through ads.  Please disable in order to enjoy full access to The Bulls Pen.