• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Back down to Earth

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

1 minute ago, ssgCraigO said:

He was an average passer for the season. He was sitting at 61% before today. Today he was not good at all throwing, a ton of overthrows. However, the game plan has been run the ball, screens, and then hit the deep balls. Sitting in the pocket will never be a part of his game. If the run game gets shut down we are in trouble. I think the run game was there today but stupid penalties forced us into throwing more than CWT probably wanted to.

Our defense playing like crap didn't help either. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Rex Havoc said:

Our defense playing like crap didn't help either. 

Yeah the score doesn't even show how bad. There were at least 3 overthrows from WKU where the receiver was running wide open.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Lol @ the Flowers haters. It wasn't his best game, but it wasn't the second coming of the SMU game. He will continue to develop and get better. Watching him and AW battle for the starting job should be fun. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

WKU offense was as good as advertised. We had better athletes across the board, but I believe we were outcoached on both sides of the ball. We may have better athletes as a whole, but WKU was the better team. 

We got knocked off our game plan and really couldn't or wouldn't adjust. Mack, although putting up some yards, was basically a non factor. WKU DC took the run away early and forced us to beat them through the air and we didn't try early. 

On D, we won the battles early, but Brohm made some adjustments and we couldn't counter.  

Flowers goes into camp as the starter, but he has to be able to command the offense through the air and keep the D honest. Hitting long passes once in a while is not an offense.  Works when the running game is clicking, but not great from behind. He is an amazing athlete.  I don't know how you keep him off the field, but his passing game has to improve for us to get to the next level. 

I really hope Taggart works on some of the game management issues.  Details matter in a game like this. In my opinion he didn't manage the end of the first half properly. Run the ball without passing. You know have a first time back up punter in there. At least force them to use all their timeouts. Why even try a pass on first down?  Why not run Mack on 3rd and less than a yard on the first drive?  Set the tone of dominance early. Instead we got knocked off our game. 

I am not so upset about the loss. Plenty to build on going forward. Hats off to WKU on a great season. Brohm is my favorite young HC in college. I think he will be a P5 candidate within a couple of years. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

5 minutes ago, ssgCraigO said:

Yeah the score doesn't even show how bad. There were at least 3 overthrows from WKU where the receiver was running wide open.

The first half score flattered us greatly. But the fact is Doughty did miss the throws. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

I hope all the kids are carrying their heads high.  The season was a huge success and the upside is tremendous.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,076
  • Days Won:  2

600 yards and 35 points is great for the offense...sure, they left some points on the field (Taggart has way too much confidence in Nadelman), but the defense was garbage for most of the game...did they even prepare at all?  That was the difference today.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

1 hour ago, JoshuaG said:

He has a good arm. Maybe if we got a QB coach or something similar he could develop further 

Tebow has been getting individual coaching for years and he still sucks throwing the ball.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, The painted man (David239) said:

If we wanna be champions we need to win at everything and anything and also some war flamingo.

You freaking kidding me?  8_va bringing up war flamingo is the reason we lost.  We didn't hear about it all year, then he brings it up before the bowl game and we lose. 

Thanks, 8_va

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

6 minutes ago, DataBull said:

Tebow has been getting individual coaching for years and he still sucks throwing the ball.

We get it, you hate QF.  It's blatantly obvious.

• Upvote 2