• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Welcome, WKU Fans!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  222
  • Days Won:  1

The Bulls have a history of beating the c-usa champ. I'm confident. Plus, there's no way our players let their coach down against his former squad! Who has it better than us?!?! 

Did he say that at wku too?

Edited by Gobulls90

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636
  • Days Won:  0

For those wanting to know how WKU did in our two losses.

We lost to Indiana in Bloomington, leading by 11 at halftime but Indiana came back and beat us by 3.  That same Indiana team also took Ohio State, Michigan, and Iowa to the wire in Bloomington.  

We lost to LSU in Baton Rouge.  This game was played in a rainstorm and it definitely affected our high powered pass-oriented offense but we kept it close, 17-13 until late in the 3rd quarter.  We had two quick turnovers and from that point forward we took risks to try to get back in it but the rain was intense and we just couldn't get it going.  Yes, I know it's all "woulda, coulda, shoulda" but I figured you might want to know that the final score wasn't indicative of how the game went.

OK, excuses over... 

I like this matchup with USF.  Two vastly different offenses but the Willie Taggert tie makes it special to us, more so than ya'll, I know.  I don't make predications because I'm terrible at it but as several of your fans have stated, this will be more about defense than offense because both teams can score.

Also, for those curious about our 6th year Sr Quarterback.  He was injured for two years and I believe he only started and played 3 full seasons.  And no, regardless of what you hear from USM, Marshall, MTSU fans, he's not a grandfather.

Hey, thanks for the input. 

In your opinion, What are the chances of Mike White starting next year? I think he could be really special, but unfortunately he didn't amount to much here... 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  54

Who has it better than us?!?! 

Did is he say that at wku too?

Still have the shirt.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

Have not seen anybody address the pressing issue with this game - how will ESPN list the team names on the score line?

Will it be: 

WKU vs USF

W Kentucky vs S Florida

Western Kentucky vs Southern Florida

Some other random combination that Judy should be irate about?

i would hate for S Florida to beat W Kentucky and then USF get no credit for the win.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  54

Have not seen anybody address the pressing issue with this game - how will ESPN list the team names on the score line?

Will it be: 

WKU vs USF

W Kentucky vs S Florida

Western Kentucky vs Southern Florida

Some other random combination that Judy should be irate about?

i would hate for S Florida to beat W Kentucky and then USF get no credit for the win.

haha ESPN always goes with the "Western KY". I believe FOX is the only network that actually ever uses WKU. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,613
  • Days Won:  51

haha ESPN always goes with the "Western KY". I believe FOX is the only network that actually ever uses WKU. 

Do you have an OCS?  How many does it seat?

Edited by Sellular1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

This will be a fun game. WKU's offense is legit.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Do you have an OCS?  How many does it seat?

Irrelevant. They don't have Publix.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I just have no idea what to expect after our last two games.  UCF was epically awful, so while we mopped them there's not much to take away from that.  But Cincy was stunning.  WKU fans, check out film on that game if you want to get nervous.  We were firing on all cylinders in a way that was downright scary.  If THAT team shows up, it would be tough to see how we don't win this.  If our Maryland team shows up...well, it would be tough to see how we don't lose this.  I'm trusting CWT for the former.  Bulls by two scores.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

I just have no idea what to expect after our last two games.  UCF was epically awful, so while we mopped them there's not much to take away from that.  But Cincy was stunning.  WKU fans, check out film on that game if you want to get nervous.  We were firing on all cylinders in a way that was downright scary.  If THAT team shows up, it would be tough to see how we don't win this.  If our Maryland team shows up...well, it would be tough to see how we don't lose this.  I'm trusting CWT for the former.  Bulls by two scores.

I agree. WKU will be a nice litmus test to see if the Bulls have finally turned the corner or if we're still as bipolar as ever.