• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Welcome, WKU Fans!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

beetle juice?

Beetlejuice is correct. But Tremors or Dune would also be acceptable.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Days Won:  0

Hello from South Central Kentucky, home of Western Kentucky University.  We too have the geographically-challenged name.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  54
  • Days Won:  1

Hello from South Central Kentucky, home of Western Kentucky University.  We too have the geographically-challenged name.

Ah c'mon man. I was waiting for them to catch onto it. :popcorn:

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Ah c'mon man. I was waiting for them to catch onto it. :popcorn:

Since the University of South Florida is located in West Central Florida, I don't think many of us will be taking you to task on university name vs location.

For those wanting to know how WKU did in our two losses.

We lost to Indiana in Bloomington, leading by 11 at halftime but Indiana came back and beat us by 3.  That same Indiana team also took Ohio State, Michigan, and Iowa to the wire in Bloomington.  

We lost to LSU in Baton Rouge.  This game was played in a rainstorm and it definitely affected our high powered pass-oriented offense but we kept it close, 17-13 until late in the 3rd quarter.  We had two quick turnovers and from that point forward we took risks to try to get back in it but the rain was intense and we just couldn't get it going.  Yes, I know it's all "woulda, coulda, shoulda" but I figured you might want to know that the final score wasn't indicative of how the game went.

OK, excuses over... 

I like this matchup with USF.  Two vastly different offenses but the Willie Taggert tie makes it special to us, more so than ya'll, I know.  I don't make predications because I'm terrible at it but as several of your fans have stated, this will be more about defense than offense because both teams can score.

Also, for those curious about our 6th year Sr Quarterback.  He was injured for two years and I believe he only started and played 3 full seasons.  And no, regardless of what you hear from USM, Marshall, MTSU fans, he's not a grandfather.

Edited by WKUApollo
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Glad you paid attention to the lesson :D 

What's up with your board mod?

I registered to post on the Hilltopper board a couple of days ago to say hi and chat but the account still hasn't been confirmed.

"What's up with your board mod?
I registered to post on the Hilltopper board a couple of days ago to say hi and chat but the account still hasn't been confirmed."

The HilltopperHaven board is a private board run by one guy who rarely gets around to approving new registrants.  You'd probably be more successful on the Scout site:http://www.scout.com/college/western-kentucky/forums?s=468 

Edited by WKUApollo

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  54
  • Days Won:  1

What's up with your board mod?

I registered to post on the Hilltopper board a couple of days ago to say hi and chat but the account still hasn't been confirmed.

That's why I'm here :D I tried to get approved before our CCG and still no reply. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

The panhandle is really AL/GA. UWF even gives in state tuition to 3 AL counties.

In UWF's defense, University of South Alabama does the same for our westernmost counties (as well as some in Mississippi). Makes sense, Tallahassee is 200 miles (and a time zone) away and Mobile is 60. Likewise, its almost 150 miles from Mobile to Troy and probably close to 200 to Auburn. Reciprocal tuition breaks have worked out well for kids on both sides looking for college options.

Edited by JTrue