• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Welcome, WKU Fans!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

So shouldn't you all be East Florida? 

I'll handle this gents.  

When the University was founded, it was the southernmost PUBLIC university in the state of Florida.  Therefor it was named, the University of South Florida.  

BTW...the school is in Tampa which is technically west florida.  But its cool.  ;)

#gobulls

Just saw that BullsBucsFan and Toro beat me...lol oh well

Edited by Bulls 8_va

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

UWF Slime Snail! Slime!

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  54
  • Days Won:  1

Split the state of Florida down its geographical center and Tampa is in east Florida ;)

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

Split the state of Florida down its geographical center and Tampa is in east Florida ;)

We call ourselves the west coast, but we are going to change it to southeast FL.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

They are in the exact same vein as us.  

This is a game that they probably have an equal chance at winning or losing.  The opponent is pretty good, but JQP will immediately write off a win as,  “Obviously you won you played an overrated opponent.”  Beating 6-6 Auburn would be more respected than beating 11-2 (!) WKU or 8-4 USF.  It is what it is.  The truth is this should be a pretty good game between evenly matched teams. 

Hopefully we avoid the tirades from people lambasting the extension because we lost to “some terrible” Sun Belt team.  WKU is a good team.  The same people will also join the public narrative and give USF no credit because WKU is and “overrated” Sun Belt team.  It’s a lose-lose situation all around.  Hopefully we win-lose-lose, though.

When UCF fans are screaming from their rooftops about all their big wins, beating Georgia in the Liberty Bowl in 2010 always seems to make the conversation. It's Georgia - by golly - they beat an SEC powerhouse. The Georgia team they beat though went 3-5 in the SEC and was 6-7 overall on the season. Georgia beat NO ONE with a winning record that season. Not one team. UCF tripped over themselves to a 10-6 win. However because they played Georgia, it's looked at as a big win (and I believe UCF got ranked because of it). 

Now when we beat up on an over-ranked Little Sisters of the Poor squad from the hills of Kentucky in two weeks, it will be as significant as...

exactly... no one will care. Welcome to our board fans and alumnus from Little Sisters of the Poor. I expect our team to dominate you - plain and simple. Enjoy the beautiful women and weather in Miami - it'll be the only memorable moments worth keeping from your bowl game. Merry Christmas.

Edited by CallMeCognitiveDissonance
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

The panhandle is really AL/GA. UWF even gives in state tuition to 3 AL counties.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

When UCF fans are screaming from their rooftops about all their big wins, beating Georgia in the Liberty Bowl in 2010 always seems to make the conversation. It's Georgia - by golly - they beat an SEC powerhouse. The Georgia team they beat though went 3-5 in the SEC and was 6-7 overall on the season. Georgia beat NO ONE with a winning record that season. Not one team. UCF tripped over themselves to a 10-6 win. However because they Georgia, it's looked at as a big win (and I believe UCF got ranked because of it). 

Now when we beat up on an over-ranked Little Sisters of the Poor squad from the hills of Kentucky HILL of Bowling Green in two weeks, it will be as significant as...

exactly... no one will care. Welcome to our board fans and alumnus from Little Sisters of the Poor. I expect our team to dominate you - plain and simple. Enjoy the beautiful women and weather in Miami - it'll be the only memorable moments worth keeping from your bowl game. Merry Christmas.

Just sayin'...

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  54
  • Days Won:  1

Just sayin'...

Glad you paid attention to the lesson :D 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38