• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

will cwt leave usf for a better job ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

A one year extension certainly should be on the table

i said this last week

agree

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

not just stiring the pot

there are a ton of jobs out there and many ad's are looking for the next hot thing

if usf runs the table cwt will look very attractive

if some one doubles in contract he will leave so fast our collective heads will spin

YOU DONT THINK HE WOULD LEAVE FOR A P5 JOB?   in a new york minute

I dont think he wants the stress of rebuilding again.  I dont remember the article maybe it was the SI one but he said how elated he was not have to worry about not having a job next year. Expectations here are not going to be the same when gets a P-5 job so it does not sound like he wants that again. If I remember correctly he was the mix for Wisconsin but I think he liked this job more because is a South Florida guy.  Some people love their hometown and are not ladder climbers.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

when did leavitt turn down alabama?

he had a job offer?

Smazza, he did turn it out down, prior to 2003 I think when they ended up hiring Mike Shula maybe?  It was prior to the hiring of Saban though.  Alabama wasn't the Alabama it is now at that time.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  390

I have a feeling he's here to stay. Its not like USF can't pay him well. He can build his own legacy here.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  63
  • Days Won:  1

I think Taggart would need to be offered a top 25 school type of job for him to leave here. USF is close to home has a lot of potential recruiting wise and has a chance, if we go undefeated, to create chaos for the playoff system. We play fairly good competition out of conference, 3 P5 teams this year, and our conference isn't as bad as it was even a year ago. I think unless the USC's of the world come calling I think he's here to stay as long as we're willing to pay which we've shown we will in the past.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Most definitely wasn't me breaking down QBR saying Bench was better. I have mentioned QBR before, but only regarding the fact that other schools had QBs with worse QBR ratings than Mike White and still found a way to win more games than we did. Which to me was a reflection on the coaching staff and that was this past off-season. 

I have not criticized Flowers every chance for how he throws the ball. Double check this stuff before you just start firing away. 

ONCE AGAIN, In my opinion - (This means that it is my view or judgement not necessarily based on fact) I don't see a P5 school coming and getting him after this season. You disagree, cool. That's awesome, no reason to continue with this nonsense. I didn't say a lot of them don't hire coordinators with no head coaching experience. He is a heck of a recruiter I agree. I didn't say that P5 schools don't hire on potential all the time. I also said if we finish strong this year and have another really strong year next year such as a 9 win season then I think a P5 program will be coming for him. 

I did say Miami would not be able to sell to their fan base another Al Golden type hire with Taggart. A guy who turned a G5 program around to an 8 win season at Temple and then fell flat on his face. They'll get someone who has a double digit win season at whatever level they grab them from, success at a P5, a massively successful P5 coordinator or something along those lines. I also said I guess anything can happen and we will see.

Sorry to get you fired up with my opinion that I don't think P5 programs come calling for Taggart after this one season.

not fired up at all. I just disagree. no reason to be upset about it. There are more than just top 25 P5 programs that will be looking for head coaches. as i recall Wisconsin was rumored to be looking at Taggart before we hired him. I could easily see a Kansas, Iowa state type program considering him with the job he has done here(obviously not overall record but rebuilding a program that was an absolute mess. most ADs understand what kind of time it takes unlike most of our fans who think he should have had us turned around by game 1) and his stellar recruiting record. the guy is young and would come cheap. surround him with top assistants and let him recruit Florida and he would be an asset to many programs.

sorry for the confusion. there is someone on here with a similar screen name that kept using garbage time QBR stats to tell us all why Bench should start over flowers. it was almost comical how dumb the argument was. again sorry for the mix-up.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

If he leaves cause this season was so awesome and he decides to cash in, I know that I cannot disparage him

He left the cupboard full 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801

If he leaves cause this season was so awesome and he decides to cash in, I know that I cannot disparage him

He left the cupboard full

Mic drop!

Edited by Bullrush33

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  147

The only thing I know for certain is that speculation about a coach leaving because he gets hired away is a heck of a lot nicer to deal with than one who we have to fire (and continue to pay out on the contract).

Whether or not CWT suddenly becomes a hot prospect for some other program(s), I don't see any point in throwing an extension to him unless he is asking for one. Short of some crazy high buyout clause - extensions and those clauses rarely thwart the effort of schools with giant budgets. Now if USF is happy with how things are going and expect that he will be our coach for the next 4 years or so-- then sure, put an extension on the table so we can lock in a contract that is reasonable for that time. If CWT sees an extension as important to the recruiting efforts, for example, then consider giving him a few years as a vote of confidence. Three years in-- he has earned an extension if he wants it. He also could decide to ride this contract out and hope a great year next season turns into a bigger contract than any extension might give.

If I were the USF AD-- I would let the year play out and talk to the coach after the season to see what he needs going forward to make this program better. Sometimes that is paying the assistants better to keep the good ones interested/happy. No need to throw something extra to think about other than the next opponent at this time of the season.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Funny....funny....funny...Fire him .... now is going to leave...funny !

• Upvote 1