• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

will cwt leave usf for a better job ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

Thanks for that, I never knew the origin other than coming from Taggart. He just hasn't proven himself yet, in my opinion, to the types of schools that can afford to pay him a couple more million. USF is a fantastic job that pays too well sometimes. He can dominate the state where he grew up in recruiting and fight to become the state's top team someday. I couldn't imagine a top tier team stealing him away. He'll have exactly what he wants in Tampa by the time he's truly proven himself to big time programs.

Yeah, I mean I agree with you.  But man, if he won a championship game, I would want him if I was the Miami AD.  There are no rumors for this whatsoever and I understand that, and they are looking for Butch Davis or Mario Cristobal.  Taggart can recruit Florida and Miami needs someone that doesn't command a huge salary, and they would get someone that turned around a 3 win program to a possible 10 or 11 in year 3.

I still think we might get a reality check on Friday and then beat UCF for 7-5 and the St. Pete Bowl.  I'm just very appreciative of the staff's energy to get us from terrible to a bowl team in 3 years.  2016 is bright regardless.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

Yeah, I mean I agree with you.  But man, if he won a championship game, I would want him if I was the Miami AD.  There are no rumors for this whatsoever and I understand that, and they are looking for Butch Davis or Mario Cristobal.  Taggart can recruit Florida and Miami needs someone that doesn't command a huge salary, and they would get someone that turned around a 3 win program to a possible 10 or 11 in year 3.

I still think we might get a reality check on Friday and then beat UCF for 7-5 and the St. Pete Bowl.  I'm just very appreciative of the staff's energy to get us from terrible to a bowl team in 3 years.  2016 is bright regardless.

Shhhh.  You make a lot of sense.  Dont let the folks in Miami know that Tags is good now.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

No one is taking him away from us after this year even if we finish 8-4. What he's done this 3rd year has been awesome, but he would obviously only leave for a better job. What P5 program is going to be able to sell their fans on Taggart who has a career record of 28-42 and 0 conference titles and 0 bowl wins at least as of right now.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Probably lower on the list. I'd happily trade off his presence at a flag football event he didn't organize, had no input on the date, can't participate in, and has his entire staff at for what his Skip Holtz - Drew Steele event has become and done. No contest.

What kind of Christmas gift does Skip send you every year?  

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

No one is taking him away from us after this year even if we finish 8-4. What he's done this 3rd year has been awesome, but he would obviously only leave for a better job. What P5 program is going to be able to sell their fans on Taggart who has a career record of 28-42 and 0 conference titles and 0 bowl wins at least as of right now.

Didnt Miami hire Al Golden away from Temple?  The same Temple that sucked for 20 years and was 8-4 his last season there?  Just sayin.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

What kind of Christmas gift does Skip send you every year?  

Last year was a box of naked lady golf tees. The year before that was a white windbreaker. 

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

I did preface my statement by saying if we win the American championship, which would put us at 9 wins.  You have to understand that other programs that look for a coach don't really go through the day to day emotions that we do.  What they see is we sucked when he took over and then the progression 2-10, 4-8, and then in this scenario, 9-4 winning the first conference championship in school history.  

I'm not saying any of this happens, just under this scenario, he make a lot of sense at Miami where they can fill a lot of positional coaches with former players (on the cheap) for even further recruiting prowess.  Also, Butch Davis and others do as well.

This is the biggest mid-season job market for college football that I remember, which means several programs have had lots of time for due diligence.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Last year was a box of naked lady golf tees. The year before that was a white windbreaker. 

Let me guess.  You asked for a hygrometer this year?  

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

Didnt Miami hire Al Golden away from Temple?  The same Temple that sucked for 20 years and was 8-4 his last season there?  Just sayin.

And look how that worked out. You think Miami will be able to sell that same type of hire to their fans again? No chance. 

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  580

I'm more worried about losing coach Allen than CWT.

+1