• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

will cwt leave usf for a better job ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I think we have something most of these other programs dont have and that is talent pool.  So while I dont think Taggart is going anywhere we have the tools for any coach to be successful that understands Florida players unlike Skippy.

With all due respect, BullRush, Skip's players really liked him as well. For all his foibles, Skip's lack of "likability" wasn't one of them.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

With all due respect, BullRush, Skip's players really liked him as well. For all his foibles, Skip's lack of "likability" wasn't one of them.

He didn't say his players didn't like him.  I think he means that CWT just relates better.  Being a former college football player and being from the area, it's hard to argue with that.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  225
  • Days Won:  0

Do you believe this is actually possible or are you just stirring the pot? Either way I think we all need to take a deep breath here... Relax...

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

I'm more worried about losing coach Allen than CWT.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,799

Sorry should have elaborated as I think Skip was a good man and respected by his players.  What I was trying to say was that Skip did not understand how to use Florida talent. 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

He didn't say his players didn't like him.  I think he means that CWT just relates better.  Being a former college football player and being from the area, it's hard to argue with that.

Sorry should have elaborated as I think Skip was a good man and respected by his players.  What I was trying to say was that Skip did not understand how to use Florida talent. 

Got it!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,002
  • Days Won:  38

Maybe after next year when we run the table. Not enough success this year.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

"Who's got it better than us? ...Nobody." -CWT as the head coach of USF.

He's at home,  close to his family and he's having success and being paid well.  He's not going anywhere... well, except for the fact he said the same 1 liner at WKU.

http://wkuherald.com/sports/article_3d2ec660-c508-11df-9ed7-0017a4a78c22.html

But still,  he's close to friends and family.  I don't think he'll go anywhere unless he's ever fired.  

If he wins out he'll have 8 wins this season.

Season 1: 2 wins. Then a 100% increase to season 2 with 4 wins. Then a 100% increase to season 3 with 8 wins. Can't have any more 100% increases, but I'll be willing to accept an undefeated season of 11 or 12 wins :)

It's a Harbaugh quote.  He's still at home, but if he somehow wins the conference and somebody offers him a couple more million, I could see him leaving.

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2011/11/22/who’s-got-it-better-than-us-nooo-body/

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  246

I think you're both wrong, I think he is saying that Skippy just didn't recruit in florida very well

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,690
  • Days Won:  7

It's a Harbaugh quote.  He's still at home, but if he somehow wins the conference and somebody offers him a couple more million, I could see him leaving.

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2011/11/22/who’s-got-it-better-than-us-nooo-body/

Thanks for that, I never knew the origin other than coming from Taggart. He just hasn't proven himself yet, in my opinion, to the types of schools that can afford to pay him a couple more million. USF is a fantastic job that pays too well sometimes. He can dominate the state where he grew up in recruiting and fight to become the state's top team someday. I couldn't imagine a top tier team stealing him away. He'll have exactly what he wants in Tampa by the time he's truly proven himself to big time programs.

Edited by USFBulls12
Typo