• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Temple Game Time Announced: 7:00pm

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  0

I'm giving you green bumps bro!  OCS is a definite need ASAP.  HS seniors are making decisions on where they want to go to school partly based on the student lifestyles and having an OCS and being able to tailgate your butt off and walk back home is a big factor. 

:iconic_u_black::iconic_u_black::iconic_u_black::iconic_u_black::iconic_u_black:

• Upvote 1

For the reasons I've already outlined for the antiseptic to the game day experience that is RJS, if you have a stadium on campus, the tickets will move. Tickets used to move when football was new for USF, and to a lesser extent they were d_amn good under Leavitt. However, once the ticket becomes 'easy to come by', as in walk up tickets are usually ALWAYS AVAILABLE, then there's no motivation to buy the ticket. With an OCS comes scarcity. Get your tickets now. Motivation. Do you really need help with such a fundamental economic principle? They're inextricably linked. The only way you'd not succeed with an OCS is if they built an 80k monstrosity. They don't even need a top bowl. Just a 40k lower bowl. Set the student section at a variable amount to encourage the students to get their tickets. 

The alumni aren't going to RJS because they may already go to RJS on Sundays. They'd be motivated to go on Saturday to revel in the game day experience.

You could not be further from the truth when you say 'winning, and only winning' drives attendance. Basic understanding of economics tells you that with scarcity comes demand. There is NO scarcity of tickets at RJS. 

I undertand this is your opinion... but do you have ANY evidence to support you?  Apis provided a number of examples of schools with an OCS (especially schools that LOSE) and it's obvious they don't draw 40 or 50k.

You say he is wrong.  Wrong means you have some kind of supporting evidence.

That said, scarcity does not drive demand.  USF absolutely has scarcity at Raymond James stadium -- 41,441 total tickets -- and USF is selling about 25,000... so there are only 16,000 left!!!  But - no one is stepping up to claim.  So there must be another reason.

You claim that "game day experience" will draw more fans.  (I will agree that OCS is a lot better for game day experience).  Again, I ask you for supporting evidence for your opinion.  Did you do a study of USF alumni who and you have results to show some %% would buy tickets, if only the "game day experience" were more fun?  Isn't part of the game day experience the joy of watching your team win?

Finally, I have proof that winning will solve everything.  2007 - West Virginia @ USF - 67,000 fans... and I can assure you most people were not their to watch the Mountaineers.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

I'm giving you green bumps bro!  OCS is a definite need ASAP.  HS seniors are making decisions on where they want to go to school partly based on the student lifestyles and having an OCS and being able to tailgate your butt off and walk back home is a big factor. 

Just stop .... He doesn't know you're just yanking his chain.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

Finally, I have proof that winning will solve everything.  2007 - West Virginia @ USF - 67,000 fans... and I can assure you most people were not their to watch the Mountaineers.

There were 67,000 fans because we were in a conference that we could play for a national championship.  Those days are OVER in the AAC.

Edited by Sellular1
  • Downvote 2

There were 67,000 fans because we were in a conference that we could play for a national championship.  Those days are OVER in the AAC.

I would disagree that was the reason for 67,000 fans. We had a winning team that was fun to watch... and we were ranked nationally.

Winning. Solves. Everything.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

At one point USF had the largest student section in the Big East but that didn't fill the entire stadium. That stadium rocks when USF wins. Even ocs stadiums look empty when teams lose, watch a UCF home game, it's pathetic. But they still have the increased costs of ownership and that's what those proposing this continually overlook. It can cripple the athletic department and that already happened in Florida to either FAU or FIU, don't recall which but it seriously threatened their athletics. Who wants that? That's reality vs wishful thinking.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

Game time is 7:00pm, move all the OCS chatter to an OCS thread.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  125
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think it's going to be a big crowd.. I'm ok with that.  Us loyal fans and alumni just need to make sure that we are loud and proud.  Honestly, I think that the fans that have shown up this year have been great. 

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

Remember to bring a flashlight and/or lantern with you. It will be dark when you're breaking down your tailgate!

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,340
  • Days Won:  43

Just stop .... He doesn't know you're just yanking his chain.

are you insane?? There are only two posters that are against an OCS and you are one of them. 

• Downvote 1