• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Temple Game Time Announced: 7:00pm

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,325
  • Days Won:  43

Well, you're arguing two different things.  I showed you that an OCS does not mean an increase in attendance.  Then you argue it's a atmosphere thing (which I actually agree with).  Then you argue the attendance issue again.

Most people on here would love an OCS, but it won't help attendance.  Winning and an attractive schedule help attendance.  We really can only control the first one, for the most part.  I'm sure that USF doesn't want to go deep into debt (a la UCF) for a stadium.

you are forgetting to factor on how much the New Tampa area has grown. North of that area is growing with the malls and theme parks. Cabellas and all. Those people need a OCS to go to. They need some sports entertainment. RJS is too far for those peeps in the well north Tampa area. I can see USF averaging around 40k if they had an OCS. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

you are forgetting to factor on how much the New Tampa area has grown. North of that area is growing with the malls and theme parks. Cabellas and all. Those people need a OCS to go to. They need some sports entertainment. RJS is too far for those peeps in the well north Tampa area. I can see USF averaging around 40k if they had an OCS. 

I'm sorry, but you lost me with this one.  Too far?  Really?  Those people never go to Ybor, or the beach, or Disney, or downtown?  After the newness of the stadium wears off (you would most likely get a bump the first year or two from novelty), winning is the only thing that would make us average 40k fans a game.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I think you're conflating attendance and the value of an on campus stadium.

For starters, an on campus stadium helps IMMENSELY with recruiting. Second, not to go all biblical / Field of Dreams here, but 'Build it, and they will come'. Part of the value in an OCS is the cachet it provides. The unity. The 'big game on Saturday' event that Florida and FSU and hell, UCF are beating us over our heads with. Football *NEEDS* to be played on campus for that reason alone..

Back to attendance...I'll just say this: playing in front of a half/third filled RJS that is even tarped off on the upper deck rings hollow. I'm not saying they need an 80k seat stadium. 

Hell, make it 30k for all I care. Make the ticket 'tough to come by'. But even at schools like FIU and FAU, there's a palpable home field advantage for those programs...RJS is too big, because the fans are too few, essentially.

An NFL stadium also helps with recruiting as noted not only by USF recruits themselves but also Big East players when asked what is their favorite away venue on past media days more often then not said Ray Jay.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

College football attendance drops to new lows, stupid to put $100 mil into a facility that won't pay for itself. People worry about paying fired coaches? Drop in the bucket.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jon-solomon/24891415/college-football-attendance-home-crowds-drop-to-lowest-in-14-years

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

We will be there!!!  At least the student buses should be running this week so the student section should be filled up a little more.  Was told last home game student attendance was down because the buses from campus to RJ weren't running.

WHAT!?!?!? Usf shooting themselves in the foot... Mr student i beg you to recruit your fellows to come.... I wanna see that student section filled to the brim and it holds about 12k.

WHAT!?!?!? Usf shooting themselves in the foot... Mr student i beg you to recruit your fellows to come.... I wanna see that student section filled to the brim and it holds about 12k.

It doesn't hold 12k any more .  The 12,501 configuration included several sections on both sides of the upper deck.  It holds about 8,000 now, since they actually took away some lower bowl sections.

Me and the wife will be there with the little one like always. I just bought a ticket for my dad as well and I'm trying to talk my sister and bro-in-law to come too!

Now this people is a true fan!!! GET HIM A MEDAL!

It doesn't hold 12k any more .  The 12,501 configuration included several sections on both sides of the upper deck.  It holds about 8,000 now, since they actually took away some lower bowl sections.

I'm aware... Get enough students screaming for tickets i'm sure they will open up at bit more!

This shall be our goal!IBNLSCDVBYEVBJI.20080805151435.JPG?ATCLI

I'm aware... Get enough students screaming for tickets i'm sure they will open up at bit more!

Maybe... but I don't think they would open the upper deck just for some overflow student seating... it would be better to "sell out" the actual section without expanding.  This would show students they need to get in earlier... and might get the admin to open the upper deck for next season.