• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Please, please, walk home Taggert

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,604
  • Days Won:  424

I don't know why you're giving BryBull such a hard time.  Navy had more rushing yards against USF than every team they played all year.  Even Colgate held Navy to fewer rushing yards than we did.  I think our defense played fairly well but we should have put more people in the box.

But they allowed 48 points. We allowed the second fewest points by them this year .... I appreciate that Allen devised a plan to limit their scoring rather than focus just on their rushing.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

You can't put all the blame for the Time of Possession disparity on the offense. Don't forget, the first TD was on a KO return and the 2nd TD was on a :29 second drive. 

The defense has to make stops and get off the field.  That includes no dumb penalties  

I simply chalk Navy up as an all around team loss ( including coaching). 

I think the next 3 games Taggart's biggest games and how we play in them will go a long way in determing his future.  He needs one win in the next 3.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

You can't put all the blame for the Time of Possession disparity on the offense. Don't forget, the first TD was on a KO return and the 2nd TD was on a :29 second drive. 

The defense has to make stops and get off the field.  That includes no dumb penalties  

I simply chalk Navy up as an all around team loss ( including coaching). 

I think the next 3 games Taggart's biggest games and how we play in them will go a long way in determing his future.  He needs one win in the next 3.  

I have a good feeling about the ECU game.  I think we drop 50 on the Butt Pirates.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I have a good feeling about the ECU game.  I think we drop 50 on the Butt Pirates.

We don't even throw that much in a game, have some faith in our WRs, Sell. :evil:

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

We don't even throw that much in a game, have some faith in our WRs, Sell. :evil:

I just got that. :roflmao:

That "plan" did not limit their scoring. Navy scored on its last three possessions, each of which were 10+ plays drives. I am not sure if the near 80 plays Navy ran got the defense gassed but when they needed a stop in he 4th quarter they couldn't get one.

Spin all you want but facts don't bear you out. We held them to their second lowest scoring output of the season so the D WAS doing something right ..... games are decided on points scored, not rushing yards.

And as far as getting a stop in the 4th quarter when they needed one, they absolutely did .... the unsportsmanlike penalty wasn't because the player was tired, it's because he was stupid.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Spin all you want but facts don't bear you out. We held them to their second lowest scoring output of the season so the D WAS doing something right ..... games are decided on points scored, not rushing yards.

And as far as getting a stop in the 4th quarter when they needed one, they absolutely did .... the unsportsmanlike penalty wasn't because the player was tired, it's because he was stupid.

mic drop drops mic

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

http://www.usforacle.com/news/view.php/1013829/Taggart-says-Johnny-Ward-learned-lesson-

Still a little curious about what really happened:

Moments after the play was whistled dead, an official flagged Ward for unsportsmanlike conduct. An official told Bulls coach Willie Taggart that Ward tried to knock the ball out of the referee’s hand. Video replay from the CBS Sports Network telecast, however, showed Ward exchanging words with the umpire before the flag was drawn.

Both are bad but trying to slap the ball would be the worst of the two ...

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

Allowing Navy to score on its last three possessions is not spin, it's fact. Allowing 6.1 yards per carry is not spin, it's fact. Our defense was on the field for 78 plays is not spin, it's fact. Most importantly they are relevent. Your facts are correct too, they just aren't relevant.

If your argument is that the defense gave up ONLY 29 points I'm not sure you are expecting enough from your defense. I am trying to point to you to the underlying metrics so you can understand WHY we gave up 29 points and HOW it could have been prevented. Focusing on the one play where we made a stop and got a penalty while ignoring what happened on the other 77 plays is at best shortsighted and at worst being ignorant to everything else that happened up to that point and after.

Allen waited until there were two minutes left in the game to bring a 7th and 8th man in the box, after his defense had been shredded in the prior 58 minutes.

And one would think that he would have started there, not wait.