• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Please, please, walk home Taggert

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

That's what we were thinking out of the gate. I could see a 4-2-5 if you were playing a team that ran predominantly three wide receiver sets or maybe the spread. But putting smaller players on the field and placing them farther away from the line of scrimmage against a triple option team is why Navy ran at will, controlled the clock and beat us.

If only there was a team Navy played earlier that shut down their running game that we could have emulated.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,604
  • Days Won:  424

If only there was a team Navy played earlier that shut down their running game that we could have emulated.

For Tulane's saving all that energy up by stopping the run, their "rested" defense gave up 14 points in the 4th quarter to extend Navy's lead to 24 points before Tulane scoring a td in garbage time. Their run stuffing defense allowed Navy to get a 2 score differential midway thru the 3rd quarter and the Midshipmen never looked back. Our tired defense didn't allowed a 2 score differential until 2 minutes left in the game. Rushing Statistics are for losers and you guys are just bearing that out ...... not calling y'all losers (ok, most of y'all) but the Bulls lost the game and that's all that matters ..... except for the QBR, of course.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Still a little curious about what really happened:

Moments after the play was whistled dead, an official flagged Ward for unsportsmanlike conduct. An official told Bulls coach Willie Taggart that Ward tried to knock the ball out of the referee’s hand. Video replay from the CBS Sports Network telecast, however, showed Ward exchanging words with the umpire before the flag was drawn.

Both are bad but trying to slap the ball would be the worst of the two ...

That's what's been confusing me...I was watching it on TV and never saw him slap the ball.  I don't know what he said, but in that critical situation he must of said something really bad to warrant a UC penalty.  Honestly, how often do you see that call for a player just saying something?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,604
  • Days Won:  424

That's what's been confusing me...I was watching it on TV and never saw him slap the ball.  I don't know what he said, but in that critical situation he must of said something really bad to warrant a UC penalty.  Honestly, how often do you see that call for a player just saying something?

Seen it called for a player yakking at another player but can't recall one with a player and an official ... Whatever it was, hasn't been anything said from our end that would indicate it wasn't warranted and Ward did apologized to the team for whatever it was ...

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

He told the ref that his pants made him look fat.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

He told the ref that his pants made him look fat.

Well, they did.  What a sensitive Sally.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

Well, i used to set up cones at the USF practice field so I KNOW FOOTBALL BETTER THAN ALL WHO GAZE UPON ME. 

You know nothing more than anyone else on here. Yeah he's showing signs of improvement, I mean when all you do for 2+ seasons is take dump after dump on the field, anything resembling average football looks better. But it still is bad. 

If you have been starving to death and someone hands you a can of spam, you'll eat it and maybe think it's great, but its not. I hope he can still get better coaching, he's 39. The point is he isn't very good to begin with. 

He's in over his head. Maybe he'd be more comfortable at some sun belt.school, or getting back to sniffing Jim Harbaugh's pickle full time.

Those cones looked straight and that spam tasted good this weekend.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

Keep on hating, when we win you will say it's on the players or we play a weak team, and when we lose Willie should be fired immediately. Sports aren't fun to watch when you have that mindset.

Monday never felt so good

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Days Won:  0

Those cones looked straight and that spam tasted good this weekend.

Where is ol Campoopia??