• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Seriously? Another player arrested on gun charge

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I had a cousin killed at a University during a "celebration" in a dorm. Gunshot went through  the door, hit  him at his desk while he was studying. It was many years ago, completely ruined his poor mother.

Playing D1 football is a privilege  IMO. Firing a gun on campus, for any reason should be cause to have that privilege removed immediately. Just my opinion.

I agree, but since there's no malice involved, I'm sure the kids are going to lawyer up and fight this. I don't know the rules for football players, since they are given more cushion than regular students. Not to mention, these are high 3 star/4star guys, no lowly 2 star peasants...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I had a cousin killed at a University during a "celebration" in a dorm. Gunshot went through  the door, hit  him at his desk while he was studying. It was many years ago, completely ruined his poor mother.

Playing D1 football is a privilege  IMO. Firing a gun on campus, for any reason should be cause to have that privilege removed immediately. Just my opinion.

Sorry to hear that. That example is precisely why, if these allegations are true, they cannot return. People analogizing this to drug possession are absurd. 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

I agree, but since there's no malice involved, I'm sure the kids are going to lawyer up and fight this. I don't know the rules for football players, since they are given more cushion than regular students. Not to mention, these are high 3 star/4star guys, no lowly 2 star peasants...

who the hell cares if there's "malice" involved.  You shoot at an occupied building its a felony and you should go to jail.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

who the hell cares if there's "malice" involved.  You shoot at an occupied building its a felony and you should go to jail.  

*****, I agree. But, lawyers care. I'm sure they will dig up every little detail and use that for their defense. I really don't care what happens to these morons, but it seems that football/bball players are given more leeway than regular students.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

This is more than just some dumb mistake or an accidental discharge. Simple rules of a fire arm:

1) treat every gun as if it were loaded even it it isn't
2) do not point it at someone/something unless you intend to shoot it
3) do not put your finger on the trigger unless you intend to shoot. 

Follow those 3, you will never accidentally shoot anything period. 

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

If there are no consequences, you cannot expect a change in behavior. On another pay board, there are claims that  there will be more charges against more people. No way of knowing if they are players or non players, just speculation at its finest/worst.

Good luck tomorrow.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

If there are no consequences, you cannot expect a change in behavior. On another pay board, there are claims that  there will be more charges against more people. No way of knowing if they are players or non players, just speculation at its finest/worst.

Good luck tomorrow.

I'm starting to think this will fall in the "dare" category...if we're talking about the Knox incident, that is. :smirk:

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

These situations can be avoided if we allow open carry on campus.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

These situations can be avoided if we allow open carry on campus.

Pretty sure that does not allow discharge on campus.