• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For your consideration TCU OC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

An exciting offense puts butts in the seats. This is what we need more than anything. The defense seems pretty good and will only get better with time, we just need someone to make the offensive side of the ball exciting. Nobody wants to sit and watch runs right up the middle over and over again. Just think about how good our running game would be if we spread it out and threw the ball around a little.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Is there a rule that if you have a great offense your defense has to suck?  Not sure why we can't have both.  In fact, the best teams are those that have both, right?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

No. No no no no no. Have you people not spent enough time in Tampa to understand what actually puts butts in seats?  Wins. Wins and only wins. If we lose, attendance will suck. If we win, they will come. Tampa is a bandwagon city, like t or not. It is not dependent on style of play. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

QFT: Quinton Flowers Throws?

QFT = Quoted For Truth.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

QFT = Quoted For Truth.

I always thought in meant Quite ******* True .... but I guess it's the same thing.

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Meacham would be a solid hire.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

An exciting offense puts butts in the seats. This is what we need more than anything. The defense seems pretty good and will only get better with time, we just need someone to make the offensive side of the ball exciting. Nobody wants to sit and watch runs right up the middle over and over again. Just think about how good our running game would be if we spread it out and threw the ball around a little.

Winning puts butts in seats. 

Ijs

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Winning is not guaranteed but at least with a potent offense it might keep fans in the stadium until the end of the game.   2 scores wouldn't feel like an insurmountable lead.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Is there a rule that if you have a great offense your defense has to suck?  Not sure why we can't have both.  In fact, the best teams are those that have both, right?

You could have both but how many teams really do?

The teams that have high powered offenses that lose games typically do so when other teams outscore them. Which means the defense wasn't that good.  Which means people complain about the defense - "If only the defense didn't give up 42 points...."

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

You could have both but how many teams really do?

The teams that have high powered offenses that lose games typically do so when other teams outscore them. Which means the defense wasn't that good.  Which means people complain about the defense - "If only the defense didn't give up 42 points...."

I agree very few teams have both. generally a high powered offense scores quick and has a low time of possession. that puts pressure on your defense. an offense that plays field position and runs the clock down gives their defense a better chance of being successful.

personally I'm tired of how conservative Taggart is coaching on offense. I would like to see them be more aggressive . attack the edges. tired of seeing talented RBs run into the pile between the tackles.at least adjust when other teams stop our running game. I like our punter but it gets old realizing he needs to be our MVP every game. That too puts a lot of pressure on your defense. holding an opponent to 17 ppg in order to win is asking a lot. He doesn't seem to make adjustments and it's as if he is trying to win every game 13-10. His approach is always the same.

I like Taggart as a recruiter but he's losing me as far as his coaching. He should be doing whatever it takes to win. If we need to pass 50 times then please pass 50 times. If we need to attack the edges and spread teams horizontally then please do that. His job as OC is to attack a teams weakness. Not trying to impose your will on them especially after they have shown they can stop you. Stop running into the line twice, trying a 3rd down pass and then punting for field position every time.