• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For your consideration TCU OC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I seem to be the only one mentioning Doug Meacham, but I'm not sure why.  His high flying offense made an under-performing TCU team to life and is super exciting and fun to watch.  He's had a lot of experience calling plays and his offensive system is easy to implement and scores a ton of points.  We desperately need to get the fan support back and fans want to pay to see high scoring games.  He doesn't have the experience running a large program alone, but he has been rumored to have been looked at for other jobs in our conference.  Also, his style works well in Florida especially considering UF, FSU, and Miami are all running pro systems, we could clean up and get the FL athletes that want to run spread in college and also stay in state.  Not a fake spread which doesn't use all 11 players on the field.  Check out this video for his accomplishments.  This video is after last season.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Harlan is gonna have to find somebody like this.  Someone who runs an exciting offense that peolpe are gonna want to come watch.  Even if we lose 51-48, it's a whole lot more entertaining than the 3 yards, a cloud of dust and 17 points we see with Taggart.

Come on Harlan, you're on the clock.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

Harlan is gonna have to find somebody like this.  Someone who runs an exciting offense that peolpe are gonna want to come watch.  Even if we lose 51-48, it's a whole lot more entertaining than the 3 yards, a cloud of dust and 17 points we see with Taggart.

Come on Harlan, you're on the clock.

that would last like 3 games. Then the whining of no defense would start. 

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

QFT

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

Inconceivable ........... 2 games, tops.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

QFT

QFT: Quinton Flowers Throws?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Would be a solid hire. 

I really don't think this team is far away from being good if we had a solid offensive plan.

Running 80% of the time isn't a good plan how we are setup now.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Would be a solid hire. 

I really don't think this team is far away from being good if we had a solid offensive plan.

Running 80% of the time isn't a good plan how we are setup now.

I don't think running is the problem. I'd like to see some more creativity though and certainly better situational play calling. If they make it too tough to run then open up the pass(i.e. we seem to start out well then get into a field position battle for 2+ quarters where we can't run the ball). don't just keep running into the line expecting something different. I hate whenever a play is called to run between tackles and we seem to do that a lot. doesn't make sense most of the time to run a guy into a pile of 10 300lb linemen. Run outside and use our speed.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I don't think running is the problem. I'd like to see some more creativity though and certainly better situational play calling. If they make it too tough to run then open up the pass(i.e. we seem to start out well then get into a field position battle for 2+ quarters where we can't run the ball). don't just keep running into the line expecting something different. I hate whenever a play is called to run between tackles and we seem to do that a lot. doesn't make sense most of the time to run a guy into a pile of 10 300lb linemen. Run outside and use our speed.

That's what I was trying to say, we can run alot but not just the same few plays.

We start well then teams stack the box then we do nothing for 2 quarters then get a late garbage td. Just a threat of a passing game would get them out of the box and open running game. How about a playaction pass once in awhile..I know crazy .

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725
  • Days Won:  0

It has been mentioned but a run first team can win. Also, the strength of the team is in the RBs. But like everybody has said on here, run some quick passing routes and use play action. All of our games this season have been the same thing. Run the ball great until half time. After half time, opposing teams make adjustments, stop the run, and CWT still calls it the same way.

After saying that though, I would love to see a TCU style offense at USF.