• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who should we hire to be the Head Football Coach in 2016

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Kiffin is an UCiF type guy...

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Kiffin is an UCiF type guy...

No, you're confusing him with Daniel Tosh

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  344
  • Days Won:  1

I figured I may as well look at some nice ones :3  I believe we are paying Willie $1,150,000/year right now.  Tried to be optimistic anyway XD

Northern Illinois HC Rod Carey (25-7) is a possibility.  Coaching since 1994.  Though he is only in year 3, his teams are able to win some big games.  Very offensively minded.  Mostly a northern guy, he's still early on in his Head Coaching career at NIU.  But his brand is pretty strong.  Current contract is $400,000/year.

Toledo HC Matt Campbell (28-13) has brought Toledo a few big wins since 2012.  Coaching since 2003.  No losing seasons.  He's also offensive minded but his defenses play rough too. Been up north all his life, wonder if he wants a warmer climate?  Current contract pays out $470,000/year.

Louisiana Lafayette HC Mark Hudspeth (103-37 all time, 37-16 at L. Lafayette) has 4 straight 9-win seasons and 4 straight bowl victories. Coaching since 1992.  Worked with Wide receivers and as an Offensive Coordinator before being head coach at Northern Alabama and then Louisiana Lafayette. Current Contract pays out at $1,000,000/year.

Marshall HC Doc Holliday (42-26) This one is a bit of a stretch though, looks like he loves West Virginia.  He does have coaching experience in Florida, being an associate HC and recruiting Coordinator under Urban Meyer from 2005-2007.  Been in coaching since 1979, he's the total package.  Not sure we have a shot though but I admire his work.  Current contract pays out at  $607,000/year.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  256
  • Days Won:  0

One thing I really hope is NOT a concern: Florida and/or USF ties. 

I don't care. Personally I hope it's someone with no ties to the program (sorry Magee fans) and if the guy happens to not be from or never coached in Florida, so be it. 

Now.. that's not to say I want some guy coming in here from say, Pennsylvania, and then attempts to bring in a bunch of PA guys. (Or guys from the Dom Republic cough Antigua cough)  -- there's plenty of talent here to do 75-90% of your recruiting in state, but you can bring in assistant coaches who know/work the area to do that part for you. The HC's main job should be to win. 

Perhaps set aside a little more for assistants too.. Since the first wave of Leavitt guys started leaving, the assistants at USF haven't exactly dazzled.. 

Buckeye- very good list BTW

Edited by cambodia36
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

Out of all the candidates I am most impressed with Hudspeth.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Does it address his actual lack of success?

Read it.

That was a chance for you to contribute something positive to the group.  I won't read it, I'm not interested in Schiano.  Thanks.[/quote

The point of the article was about someone trying to better himself, and those that read it got something from it. Your not reading it and somehow putting it on me is ridiculous.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  344
  • Days Won:  1

One thing I really hope is NOT a concern: Florida and/or USF ties. 

I don't care. Personally I hope it's someone with no ties to the program (sorry Magee fans) and if the guy happens to not be from or never coached in Florida, so be it. 

Now.. that's not to say I want some guy coming in here from say, Pennsylvania, and then attempts to bring in a bunch of PA guys. (Or guys from the Dom Republic cough Antigua cough)  -- there's plenty of talent here to do 75-90% of your recruiting in state, but you can bring in assistant coaches who know/work the area to do that part for you. The HC's main job should be to win. 

Perhaps set aside a little more for assistants too.. Since the first wave of Leavitt guys started leaving, the assistants at USF haven't exactly dazzled.. 

Buckeye- very good list BTW

Agree.  Assistants are very important to pay well.  This was just the list of HC's that are proven winners.  Didn't look at DC's or OC's of the Power 5 yet.  Figured we would want a proven guy.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Hire the guy whose teams scored the highest average points per game and median points per game.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Hire the guy whose teams scored the highest average points per game and median points per game.

But consider against who too.