• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who should we hire to be the Head Football Coach in 2016

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

We need a coach that fits our profile for Florida athletes.  If anything Holtz started the transition from the spread offense to I don't even know what he called it.  He tried to make BJ into a pocket passer. So just because a coach has a big name and a good past does not make them a fit for us. Until we get an invite to a major conference we will never draw the athletes to use a pro style offense. In that light I really want someone who can evaluate a QB. Man did Holtz just sit on  BJ Daniels for 3 years and bring in nobody.  Well if you count Drew Weatherfod, Gunsby, and Floyd and all of our Walk-on QBs. There should be no such thing as a walk on QB. What did he think he was going to get with Q Flowers?

Ok I am done venting for the moment. Not to say our defense has been stellar but QB play has plagued us for five years without bringing any talent in.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

THE SKY IS FALLING!

THE SKY IS FALLING!

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

I think we should be patient and wait for Charlie Strong.  He i may get fired this year (or next) and we may fire Wille this year (or next) so why not give Willie more time and wait for Charlie?

how many fans would be left in the stands with yet another year of this?

I think the damage is on that front.  We have just the die hards in the stands these days.  

We might all have to come to terms with us having to wait until Skip rolls off the payroll.  Otherwise we will be paying 3 coaches.  Think about how inept that looks.  You may say "no more inept than the product on the field" but if I am Harlan I am thinking long and hard before I make that call.

If waiting is also what is required for a guy like Charlie - all the better.  Also, Charlie would be a big splash and even if we are still paying Skip I think the even the USF haters will think it is the right move for us.

Edited by mark_my_words

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

It's a year too late but I would have loved to see Philip Montgomery here!  He took Tulsa's 59th ranked offense and turned it into the #3 offense in the country in terms of yards/game.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/yardsPerGame

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

Mack Brown.

He is friends with Holtz. People on here would not tolerate that.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Mack Brown.

He is friends with Holtz. People on here would not tolerate that.

Mack Brown also went golfing once. Scratch him off the list immediately.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  12

We need to keep Taggart but should probably find a new play caller. There are great coaches that started out poorly because they had to change their programs around. Ex: Greg Schiano in college (let's not mention his NFL stint). It took him 4-5 years to start having winning seasons. They kept him because his recruiting was better than the past years at Rutgers.

The same could be said for USF and Taggart (at least for the Holtz new era...). The recruiting he has done has been pretty solid. Especially the transfers that we are getting. QB- Asiantii Woulard, WR- Marquez Valdes, LB- Cecil Cherry, just to name a few. These guys will all be ready to play next year and they are all leaps and bounds better than the guys that are currently playing. We have the best scout offense QB in the nation right now.

If a new coach came in they are going to look like a genius because these transfers are going to finally be able to play and our team should look much better. Let's sit on Taggart for a while longer. Don't hop off the bus quite yet.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

Please remember, that USF is very likely to mess up the hiring of a new HC...

Just remember what we did with basketball.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

We need to keep Taggart but should probably find a new play caller. There are great coaches that started out poorly because they had to change their programs around. Ex: Greg Schiano in college (let's not mention his NFL stint). It took him 4-5 years to start having winning seasons. They kept him because his recruiting was better than the past years at Rutgers.

The same could be said for USF and Taggart (at least for the Holtz new era...). The recruiting he has done has been pretty solid. Especially the transfers that we are getting. QB- Asiantii Woulard, WR- Marquez Valdes, LB- Cecil Cherry, just to name a few. These guys will all be ready to play next year and they are all leaps and bounds better than the guys that are currently playing. We have the best scout offense QB in the nation right now.

If a new coach came in they are going to look like a genius because these transfers are going to finally be able to play and our team should look much better. Let's sit on Taggart for a while longer. Don't hop off the bus quite yet.

Thanks for checking in coach. Remember, attack each day with an enthusiasm unkown to mankind.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  12

Thanks for checking in coach. Remember, attack each day with an enthusiasm unkown to mankind.

You caught me. Guess I should get off of the computer and work on winning more games.