• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Start Bench

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

I can't understand how people are still on the Bench bandwagon. Even his big completion for a first down wasn't a great throw, the receiver made a good catch. It was wobbly as hell too. He threw towards a receiver he thought was about 8 feet tall and then got picked ... badly.

Flowers belongs in the game. I don't know WTF CWT was thinking taking him out after the 17 play TD drive. That drive doesn't happen with Bench in the game.

I don't want to see Bench in the game again unless God forbid something happens to Flowers.

Flowers couldn't even find a Wr that would allow him to have a bad throw.

Really? Rodney Adams and DJ disagree. Both WRs cost us 14 points on solid throws from QF.

You're picking out two plas where he actually could find someone. What about every other time he held it too long and got sacked or ran for minimal yards?

He had better than 50% completion, and then a couple drops for TDs.  Turn those into completions and that's 14 more points and he's 12-19, which isn't great numbers, but it's not terrible.

Running for minimal yards, I'm not going to bash him for.  Bench held the ball for too long on his ONE drive and was lucky not to throw a pick there.  But then he threw a pick on his ONE drive. 

You can only blame a QB so much for sacks and pocket flushes.  The O-line sucked today.  Not QF's fault.  

Wow I didn't think anyone would come out trying to defend QF's performance today but look at that someone surprised me...

If you want to say QF did not lose us the game alone, 100% agree...if you want to say WR didn't help him out 100% agree...if you want to say pulling him in the 4th then putting him back in makes no sense 100% agree...

but to say its not QF had no fault you are way out in lala land...

When is the last time we had a game that we only passed for 60yrds? Going to try and find it now...

We were still in it at the first half.  I think the move should have been made in the 2nd QTR.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I can't understand how people are still on the Bench bandwagon. Even his big completion for a first down wasn't a great throw, the receiver made a good catch. It was wobbly as hell too. He threw towards a receiver he thought was about 8 feet tall and then got picked ... badly.

Flowers belongs in the game. I don't know WTF CWT was thinking taking him out after the 17 play TD drive. That drive doesn't happen with Bench in the game.

I don't want to see Bench in the game again unless God forbid something happens to Flowers.

Really? Rodney Adams and DJ disagree. Both WRs cost us 14 points on solid throws from QF.

You're picking out two plas where he actually could find someone. What about every other time he held it too long and got sacked or ran for minimal yards?

He had better than 50% completion, and then a couple drops for TDs.  Turn those into completions and that's 14 more points and he's 12-19, which isn't great numbers, but it's not terrible.

Running for minimal yards, I'm not going to bash him for.  Bench held the ball for too long on his ONE drive and was lucky not to throw a pick there.  But then he threw a pick on his ONE drive. 

You can only blame a QB so much for sacks and pocket flushes.  The O-line sucked today.  Not QF's fault.  

Wow I didn't think anyone would come out trying to defend QF's performance today but look at that someone surprised me...

If you want to say QF did not lose us the game alone, 100% agree...if you want to say WR didn't help him out 100% agree...if you want to say pulling him in the 4th then putting him back in makes no sense 100% agree...

When is the last time we had a game that we only passed for 60yrds? Going to try and find it now...

I never said QF was blameless.  You're reading words that aren't really there.

And please take the blinders off about the 60 yard stat.  When QF, it's either a bad throw (there were some) or it's a pass that he depends on his receivers to catch.  The former lets the fans down, the latter lets QF, and there were several HUGE throws that fit the latter description today that QF had no control over, and would have completely altered the stat line, thus rendering your apparent main argument irrelevant.  

We were still in it at the first half.  I think the move should have been made in the 2nd QTR.

We were still in it going into the 4th!!   After QF's rush TD, we were 11 points down, and our D forced a 3 and out!  Bench's insertion totally killed any momentum we had moving forward.

I blame CWT 100% for that.  

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Days Won:  1

Let's face it neither qb will win u games by themselves so we should go to a 2 qb system and make the defense guess what's coming. Also get rid of the screens they have gone nowhere all year and will only make it easier for the d

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

Ha the team down by 18 had their momentum killed? Insane, they didn't have any offensive momentum.

^^^ you do realize that we got the ball back early in the 4th down 11, right?  And our offense had just gotten done manhandling the Maryland D and getting a TD? 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

^^^ you do realize that we got the ball back early in the 4th down 11, right?  And our offense had just gotten done manhandling the Maryland D and getting a TD? 

A TD from Maryland being happy to play prevent defense and let USF eat 8 minutes up. That's what they call a Pyrrhic victory. Couldn't afford more 8 minute drives.

It would have been better than the Bench pick (which came right after the 3 and out I mentioned) and 28-21 would have looked a little better than 35-14. 

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Bench is not the answer....he is an int and pick six machine, they need a game manager which Bench is not, not saying QF is but Bench is def not, he is a pick six waiting to happen, unfortunately if Mike White hadnt been thrown to the fire before he was ready he couldve been that guy and prob will be by his senior year at WKU....go ahead bash away