• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bench or Flowers for the 2nd half?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Soccer moms all over this board.

Sweet. Soccer moms are hot.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Soccer moms all over this board.

Idk if there is soccer moms on here, but i do know what my next bing search will be  :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

If only we had a QB with a sub 50% completion rate and 6:5 TD to INT ratio to come in and save the passing game.

and yet that QB is still a superior passer to Flowers...

Based on what?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

If only we had a QB with a sub 50% completion rate and 6:5 TD to INT ratio to come in and save the passing game.

Based on what?

I guess you missed todays game.  ;)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

No I watched today's game. I've also seen Bench play plenty of games and play poorly. If Bench is the answer let's ask a different question.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

So, any word on Woulard's waiver?

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

I swear if i am steven bench I'm out. Good luck coach t but thats an egregious lie. Coachbt said bench would play. What an absolute clown.

Why the hell would you change the QB when you are in the game in the 4th?

I'm no fan of Taggart but that is an obvious one.

Q. Why did you play Bench in the FAMU game?  A: Because you told him he'd play and it was scripted when he would play.  Flowers wasn't bad last week but they put in Bench in as planned.

Q. Why should you play Bench in today's game?  A: Because you told him he'd play.  Flowers wasn't bad today but they had planned to use Bench.  It was made public.  It was in Joey Knight's article this week.  It wasn't a secret.

And, FYI, Bench again graded out better in last weeks game and through practice this week.  Don't ask me why the kid doesn't play. Only Taggart can answer that.

Yes, the coaches grade the players every time on the field.   

It is obvious there is no clear winner in the QB battle.  But as a man, Taggart should keep his freaking word.  Just like he told us at one event I was at about how explosive this offense would be.  People are going to want to come to RayJay to see this offense.  This is the same offense we've seen the last 2 years. I'm not even sure about the up tempo thing.  They aren't huddling but they weren't getting plays off before the 10 second mark on the play clock.  

Flowers isn't the reason we lost.  And I said in the chat room that if Flowers was going to be your guy going forward that he should play once this game was out of reach.  But don't tell a kid who has worked his butt off that he'll play and not play him.  Keep your mouth shut, tell everyone Flowers is your guy and play him come hell or high water.  And if you lose your job over it, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Would be great if your boss calls you in his office and tells you what a great job you're doing, how much he appreciates your effort and says you are getting a raise next week.   Then your paycheck shows up and there is no raise.  You go into the boss and ask what's up.  He tells you how hard you're working and THIS week you'll get a raise.  Paycheck shows up again and again no raise.  Do that for a year and you'll get an idea of what Bench has been up against.  Do everything they ask you, don't get a raise, but please show up with a good attitude and bust your ass for me.  

You would make a great point, if this wasn't a football game against a ranked in state opponent that you are competing with in the fourth quarter.

Anyone could tell you that you don't change a QB when you are tied at halftime as a 4 TD underdog. We had momentum coming out of halftime, and we were in the game in the fourth. Could he have put Bench in during garbage time at the end? Sure, but at that point, who cares? Other than Bench fans on this forum.

We got beat by the better team today, Bench wasn't going to stop Dalvin Cook either. Flowers wasn't great by any means, but his play didn't cost us the game.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Based on what?

The three games flowers played in where he looked like crap? Guy can't throw worth a ****. Watching him is like watching a rightie punter throwing leftie. It's UGLY.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I swear if i am steven bench I'm out. Good luck coach t but thats an egregious lie. Coachbt said bench would play. What an absolute clown.

Why the hell would you change the QB when you are in the game in the 4th?

I'm no fan of Taggart but that is an obvious one.

Q. Why did you play Bench in the FAMU game?  A: Because you told him he'd play and it was scripted when he would play.  Flowers wasn't bad last week but they put in Bench in as planned.

Q. Why should you play Bench in today's game?  A: Because you told him he'd play.  Flowers wasn't bad today but they had planned to use Bench.  It was made public.  It was in Joey Knight's article this week.  It wasn't a secret.

And, FYI, Bench again graded out better in last weeks game and through practice this week.  Don't ask me why the kid doesn't play. Only Taggart can answer that.

Yes, the coaches grade the players every time on the field.   

It is obvious there is no clear winner in the QB battle.  But as a man, Taggart should keep his freaking word.  Just like he told us at one event I was at about how explosive this offense would be.  People are going to want to come to RayJay to see this offense.  This is the same offense we've seen the last 2 years. I'm not even sure about the up tempo thing.  They aren't huddling but they weren't getting plays off before the 10 second mark on the play clock.  

Flowers isn't the reason we lost.  And I said in the chat room that if Flowers was going to be your guy going forward that he should play once this game was out of reach.  But don't tell a kid who has worked his butt off that he'll play and not play him.  Keep your mouth shut, tell everyone Flowers is your guy and play him come hell or high water.  And if you lose your job over it, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Would be great if your boss calls you in his office and tells you what a great job you're doing, how much he appreciates your effort and says you are getting a raise next week.   Then your paycheck shows up and there is no raise.  You go into the boss and ask what's up.  He tells you how hard you're working and THIS week you'll get a raise.  Paycheck shows up again and again no raise.  Do that for a year and you'll get an idea of what Bench has been up against.  Do everything they ask you, don't get a raise, but please show up with a good attitude and bust your ass for me.  

You would make a great point, if this wasn't a football game against a ranked in state opponent that you are competing with in the fourth quarter.

Anyone could tell you that you don't change a QB when you are tied at halftime as a 4 TD underdog. We had momentum coming out of halftime, and we were in the game in the fourth. Could he have put Bench in during garbage time at the end? Sure, but at that point, who cares? Other than Bench fans on this forum.

We got beat by the better team today, Bench wasn't going to stop Dalvin Cook either. Flowers wasn't great by any means, but his play didn't cost us the game.

You would make a great point, if the offense had managed more than 7 points in the first three quarters despite getting the ball at the FSU 11 and 45 yard lines.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

You're right, Bench is the answer! If only any of the coaches could see it!

Taggart just hates him.