• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bench or Flowers for the 2nd half?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Haha this is ridiculous. QF had an average day and did very little that was bad (I put the one INT on Taggart, not him). Average is absolutely the BEST we can hope for where we are. In fact, I would say it's better than where I was hoping. Personally I was encouraged by QF's play against a tough FSU D and I'm more optimistic for the season than I was before this game.

There was a time when average wasn't good enough for us.

Agree. But that time is not now.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

I swear if i am steven bench I'm out. Good luck coach t but thats an egregious lie. Coachbt said bench would play. What an absolute clown.

Why the hell would you change the QB when you are in the game in the 4th?

I'm no fan of Taggart but that is an obvious one.

Q. Why did you play Bench in the FAMU game?  A: Because you told him he'd play and it was scripted when he would play.  Flowers wasn't bad last week but they put in Bench in as planned.

Q. Why should you play Bench in today's game?  A: Because you told him he'd play.  Flowers wasn't bad today but they had planned to use Bench.  It was made public.  It was in Joey Knight's article this week.  It wasn't a secret.

And, FYI, Bench again graded out better in last weeks game and through practice this week.  Don't ask me why the kid doesn't play. Only Taggart can answer that.

Yes, the coaches grade the players every time on the field.   

It is obvious there is no clear winner in the QB battle.  But as a man, Taggart should keep his freaking word.  Just like he told us at one event I was at about how explosive this offense would be.  People are going to want to come to RayJay to see this offense.  This is the same offense we've seen the last 2 years. I'm not even sure about the up tempo thing.  They aren't huddling but they weren't getting plays off before the 10 second mark on the play clock.  

Flowers isn't the reason we lost.  And I said in the chat room that if Flowers was going to be your guy going forward that he should play once this game was out of reach.  But don't tell a kid who has worked his butt off that he'll play and not play him.  Keep your mouth shut, tell everyone Flowers is your guy and play him come hell or high water.  And if you lose your job over it, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Would be great if your boss calls you in his office and tells you what a great job you're doing, how much he appreciates your effort and says you are getting a raise next week.   Then your paycheck shows up and there is no raise.  You go into the boss and ask what's up.  He tells you how hard you're working and THIS week you'll get a raise.  Paycheck shows up again and again no raise.  Do that for a year and you'll get an idea of what Bench has been up against.  Do everything they ask you, don't get a raise, but please show up with a good attitude and bust your ass for me.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

It's crazy, we finally get mediocre play at the QB position and we are crying it wasn't good enough.

I was told on this board that USF fans would kill for mediocre QB play. Apparently, that's not the case.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

So I thought Reaves said SB would play, not CWT.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I swear if i am steven bench I'm out. Good luck coach t but thats an egregious lie. Coachbt said bench would play. What an absolute clown.

Q. Why did you play Bench in the FAMU game?  A: Because you told him he'd play and it was scripted when he would play.  Flowers wasn't bad last week but they put in Bench in as planned.

Q. Why should you play Bench in today's game?  A: Because you told him he'd play.  Flowers wasn't bad today but they had planned to use Bench.  It was made public.  It was in Joey Knight's article this week.  It wasn't a secret.

And, FYI, Bench again graded out better in last weeks game and through practice this week.  Don't ask me why the kid doesn't play. Only Taggart can answer that.

Yes, the coaches grade the players every time on the field.   

It is obvious there is no clear winner in the QB battle.  But as a man, Taggart should keep his freaking word.  Just like he told us at one event I was at about how explosive this offense would be.  People are going to want to come to RayJay to see this offense.  This is the same offense we've seen the last 2 years. I'm not even sure about the up tempo thing.  They aren't huddling but they weren't getting plays off before the 10 second mark on the play clock.  

Flowers isn't the reason we lost.  And I said in the chat room that if Flowers was going to be your guy going forward that he should play once this game was out of reach.  But don't tell a kid who has worked his butt off that he'll play and not play him.  Keep your mouth shut, tell everyone Flowers is your guy and play him come hell or high water.  And if you lose your job over it, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Would be great if your boss calls you in his office and tells you what a great job you're doing, how much he appreciates your effort and says you are getting a raise next week.   Then your paycheck shows up and there is no raise.  You go into the boss and ask what's up.  He tells you how hard you're working and THIS week you'll get a raise.  Paycheck shows up again and again no raise.  Do that for a year and you'll get an idea of what Bench has been up against.  Do everything they ask you, don't get a raise, but please show up with a good attitude and bust your ass for me.  

Frankly, I was always surprised Bench came back.  I would assume he knew he wasn't getting the job unless Flowers fell flat on his face.  It is obvious they aren't going by grades.  Just like we heard all offseason how quickly plays were going to be called then.  Then today we are running without a huddle and somehow we waiting 20 seconds for a play call.  Most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. 

At least we are back to:  "Defense was terrific out there, if only we could get more offense".  I suppose USF fan should be used to this, we had years of it until Cosh derailed things.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I suspect Reaves just found out why the last two "Offensive Coordinators" bolted after the season.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

Isn't he the QB coach?  I would think he represents the Head Coach.  Enough blame was put on Holtz because the D coordinator sucked.  Can't be both. Either the head coach is responsible for their coaches or they aren't.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

I suspect Reaves just found out why the last two "Offensive Coordinators" bolted after the season.

Zing!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Never should have told Bench he'd definitely play ... or made it public ... if they weren't 100% positive he was going to. Having said that, I don't think you play someone JUST because you said you would. Obviously something changed and playing him didn't work out .... and I hope to heck he doesn't make the mistake of saying that again in the future ....... unless it's a stone cold lock he will play.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I thought they both said it at some point.