• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

White Out? Really?!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,637
  • Days Won:  3

So I was rummaging around the gousfbulls.com site and found a list of the upcoming give-always.

Surprisingly (to me anyway) USF is proposing a white out for our game against Syracuse. Have we ever really had any success with these in the past? Even in our happier days? Sure we pulled off a green out of almost a good third of Doak Campbell a few years ago.

But really, shouldn't we be enjoying sell-outs before we try to color coordinate?

Link to the give-a-way schedule:

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=37319&SPID=2981&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=210317698

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

So I was rummaging around the gousfbulls.com site and found a list of the upcoming give-always.

Surprisingly (to me anyway) USF is proposing a white out for our game against Syracuse. Have we ever really had any success with these in the past? Even in our happier days? Sure we pulled off a green out of almost a good third of Doak Campbell a few years ago.

But really, shouldn't we be enjoying sell-outs before we try to color coordinate?

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=37319&SPID=2981&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=210317698

Yes.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

Let's have a pewter out so we match the empty seats

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Let's have a pewter out so we match the empty seats

Don't you mean a red out to match the red seats???

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I read White out and flashed back to Flowers' SMU start last year...

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Yes.

Realistically, the best way to start sellling out is to win

How is doing a "white out" preventing that?  Is there something that says wins suffer if a marketing ploy is involved?

Does it hurt player performance? Practice? Recruting?

Harlan, Taggart and the coaches are focused on turning this thing around

Recruting is doing pretty well. Our defense appears to be getting better.

I highly doubt any of the coaches are involed in any way with the "white out" promotion.

People here complain of lack of marketing and fan interaction... but when USF tries, people here complain about it

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  344
  • Days Won:  1

Its a hype thing.  Students love a "insert color here"-out idea.  Its supposed to show unity and intimidate.  I'll agree with you that it is better executed at a place that sells out (see Penn State White Outs: Now those are scary cool), but it can't hurt to try and get student involvement.  

Lord knows they need it...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

Disagree. They need to do everything they can to make going to a game fun, because it aint gonna be a w lately. If that means something silly and quirky like trying to go for a white out so be it.

We have tried the strategy of "do the game and see what happens" and it sucks. I love the proactive "lets actually put some thought into this" strategy.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

Lets have a green and gold out please and thank you.