• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stand with Willie!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Data- did you read the quotes from Richard Gonzmart in the Joey Knight piece?

it is pretty clear what happened.  

Matt, do you answer the phone for Harlan?  I'm sure Gonzmart wasn't the only one to complain.  And do you know the sequence of events of what happened today?  For all we know, Harlan could have ordered someone to get Taggart into his office seconds after he heard it on the radio, if Harlan was listening.

We don't have nearly enough information.  The only information we definitively have is Taggart pissing off the business community and an entire section of town, and a press release by Harlan that called Taggart "the football coach".  

Taggart made people mad, and Harlan is mad.  The rest of the timing is pure speculation.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Matt, do you answer the phone for Harlan? I'm sure Gonzmart wasn't the only one to complain. And do you know the sequence of events of what happened today? For all we know, Harlan could have ordered someone to get Taggart into his office seconds after he heard it on the radio, if Harlan was listening.

We don't have nearly enough information. The only information we definitively have is Taggart pissing off the business community and an entire section of town, and a press release by Harlan that called Taggart "the football coach".

Taggart made people mad, and Harlan is mad. The rest of the timing is pure speculation.

A business community that apparently knows very little about public safety

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Matt, do you answer the phone for Harlan? I'm sure Gonzmart wasn't the only one to complain. And do you know the sequence of events of what happened today? For all we know, Harlan could have ordered someone to get Taggart into his office seconds after he heard it on the radio, if Harlan was listening.

We don't have nearly enough information. The only information we definitively have is Taggart pissing off the business community and an entire section of town, and a press release by Harlan that called Taggart "the football coach".

Taggart made people mad, and Harlan is mad. The rest of the timing is pure speculation.

Or a fanbase overreacting.  Hmmm, which could it possibly be?

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

calling "Ybor City" a "business community" is like calling Pat Julmiste a good QB.  

Taggart said what 99.9% of the people who heard the story about a guy getting stabbed at 3am in Ybor were thinking.  and if you disagree then you are clearly part of the crowd that assume CWT is fired after this season which means you expect 5 or less wins.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

markharlan@usf.edu

Send Harlan an email.  He probably doesn't read it but if he gets 200 emails from diehard fans he will hear it.

It was a bad move for him to rebut Willie's statement in such a brash fashion.  i like Harlan and think he is moving our program in the right direction but CWT is just now in his 3rd season, and out recruiting the performance on the field.  We have a team that could get 7 wins and who know what he can do from a recruiting standpoint since he is dealing with 2 and 4 win seasons yet putting up top 40 classes.

I love the new hurry up offense.  maybe that is harlan maybe that was CWT smartening up.  either way....Harlan was playing too much on the political side today.  Let him know we stand with Coach and with the safety of our players.  As for those saying Gonzmart was behind it, i seriously disagree.  for one, Columbia's business is supported by college age kids, secondly- Columbia isn't an after midnight spot.

This probably came from Buckhorn.  

I wouldn't like to hangout with you in real life. You seem like a drama queen.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Harlans should support Taggarts team rules that are in the best interests of the players.

Harlan is basically saying donors set the team rules, not the coach.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

markharlan@usf.edu

Send Harlan an email.  He probably doesn't read it but if he gets 200 emails from diehard fans he will hear it.

It was a bad move for him to rebut Willie's statement in such a brash fashion.  i like Harlan and think he is moving our program in the right direction but CWT is just now in his 3rd season, and out recruiting the performance on the field.  We have a team that could get 7 wins and who know what he can do from a recruiting standpoint since he is dealing with 2 and 4 win seasons yet putting up top 40 classes.

I love the new hurry up offense.  maybe that is harlan maybe that was CWT smartening up.  either way....Harlan was playing too much on the political side today.  Let him know we stand with Coach and with the safety of our players.  As for those saying Gonzmart was behind it, i seriously disagree.  for one, Columbia's business is supported by college age kids, secondly- Columbia isn't an after midnight spot.

This probably came from Buckhorn.  

I wouldn't like to hangout with you in real life. You seem like a drama queen.

good thing we don't have to.  you seem like a real jackass who doesn't have a firm grip on how big this situation really is.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I get the feeling that Harlan isn't Woolard.  If Harlan gets 3,000 emails he won't change his mind.  He is ticked his football coach made a decision that should have been made by the Athletic Department.

For years fans wanted a hands on AD that would handle things and keep the coach out of trouble and let the coach stick to coaching.  Now we have one and everyone is mad at the AD.  You can't have it both ways. 

I stand with Willie Taggart because Willie was coaching.  It's more than Xs and Os.  He has to help mold those players. 

After the death of Elkino Watson, he was asked if it was "off limits" to his players and he responded "Yes, it's off limits".  That's not unreasonable.  That is smart.  And the words of a caring, responsible man.  Could you imagine the ****storm, if he replied "no, of course not, it's a cherished and historical place in our Bay Area community and culture."  He would have lost players, families and fans.

It was Harlan that kneejerked with his stupid release.  He's the one that needs to earn trust back.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Taggart made the mistake of thinking he was in charge of the football players, and Harlan put him in his place plain & simple. Taggart protects the players, Harlan protects the school, they're both doing their jobs. I'd be surprised if Taggart couldn't set a new football team rule that doesn't conflict with Harlan's statement. They just need to get together & iron it out, and I think they will after emotion settles down.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Or a fanbase overreacting. Hmmm, which could it possibly be?

An ex player murdered. Hmmm, I will go with business community knowing very little about public safety.