• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stand with Willie!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

markharlan@usf.edu

Send Harlan an email.  He probably doesn't read it but if he gets 200 emails from diehard fans he will hear it.

It was a bad move for him to rebut Willie's statement in such a brash fashion.  i like Harlan and think he is moving our program in the right direction but CWT is just now in his 3rd season, and out recruiting the performance on the field.  We have a team that could get 7 wins and who know what he can do from a recruiting standpoint since he is dealing with 2 and 4 win seasons yet putting up top 40 classes.

I love the new hurry up offense.  maybe that is harlan maybe that was CWT smartening up.  either way....Harlan was playing too much on the political side today.  Let him know we stand with Coach and with the safety of our players.  As for those saying Gonzmart was behind it, i seriously disagree.  for one, Columbia's business is supported by college age kids, secondly- Columbia isn't an after midnight spot.

This probably came from Buckhorn.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I get the feeling that Harlan isn't Woolard.  If Harlan gets 3,000 emails he won't change his mind.  He is ticked his football coach made a decision that should have been made by the Athletic Department.

For years fans wanted a hands on AD that would handle things and keep the coach out of trouble and let the coach stick to coaching.  Now we have one and everyone is mad at the AD.  You can't have it both ways. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  12

I'm not gonna take sides. I hope they are working as a team to make this a successful football season, period. 

• Upvote 2

The cupboard for Harlan isn't as full as it was for Woolard in terms of season ticket holders.  

And we wanted a coach who spoke his mind and didn't give "coach talk"  not an AD to keep the coach out of trouble. 

• Upvote 1

plus we've never dealt with a player death like this....at an "official USF football game after party"

Players on the football team have no business being in Ybor after 10pm.  The city market's Ybor like it is a tourist destination and that is the problem that USF/Buckhorn have with Willie.  You can bet that that "ban" stays in place but Willie just should have kept it in house.  

• Upvote 1

Well of course Willie should have kept it in house.  You don't make things like that public.  PR 101, things that a DI coach should know.

Well of course Willie should have kept it in house.  You don't make things like that public.  PR 101, things that a DI coach should know.

Reason why Willie does as good of a job recruiting as he does is because these families believe that Willie will treat the kids like they are his own.  This was a recruiting statement as much as it was anything.  Willie isn't silent about protecting his players and making sure his players make good decisions off the field.  

This isn't Urban Meyer we are talking about.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I wish Harlan would have supported his head coach more than a booster. I realize that it is the sign of the times for USF football, but it does not make it right in my opinion.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Matt, leaving the recruiting aside, what would any of our fathers have said to us if Elkino was our friend. Exactly what CWT would have said is my guess. He actually cares about the guys in the program. Most coaches really do.

• Upvote 1

I wish Harlan would have supported his head coach more than a booster. I realize that it is the sign of the times for USF football, but it does not make it right in my opinion.

I think it is pretty obvious that Willie blindsided Harlan.  No reason for Harlan to be ticked if Willie hadn't blindsided him.  

Harlan is running the show these days.