• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stand with Willie!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I get the feeling that Harlan isn't Woolard.  If Harlan gets 3,000 emails he won't change his mind.  He is ticked his football coach made a decision that should have been made by the Athletic Department.

For years fans wanted a hands on AD that would handle things and keep the coach out of trouble and let the coach stick to coaching.  Now we have one and everyone is mad at the AD.  You can't have it both ways. 

I stand with Willie Taggart because Willie was coaching.  It's more than Xs and Os.  He has to help mold those players. 

After the death of Elkino Watson, he was asked if it was "off limits" to his players and he responded "Yes, it's off limits".  That's not unreasonable.  That is smart.  And the words of a caring, responsible man.  Could you imagine the ****storm, if he replied "no, of course not, it's a cherished and historical place in our Bay Area community and culture."  He would have lost players, families and fans.

It was Harlan that kneejerked with his stupid release.  He's the one that needs to earn trust back.

Yes, we know you stand with the coach.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Harlans should support Taggarts team rules that are in the best interests of the players.

Harlan is basically saying donors set the team rules, not the coach.

I agree completely.  It is like Harlan is saying- sure it is safe for the players to hang out in Ybor at 3am when this crime happened.  Taggart should have been more specific about time frame and so should Harlan.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Harlans should support Taggarts team rules that are in the best interests of the players.

Exactly, this looks like **** for Harlan

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Data- did you read the quotes from Richard Gonzmart in the Joey Knight piece?

it is pretty clear what happened.

Matt, do you answer the phone for Harlan? I'm sure Gonzmart wasn't the only one to complain. And do you know the sequence of events of what happened today? For all we know, Harlan could have ordered someone to get Taggart into his office seconds after he heard it on the radio, if Harlan was listening.

We don't have nearly enough information. The only information we definitively have is Taggart pissing off the business community and an entire section of town, and a press release by Harlan that called Taggart "the football coach".

Taggart made people mad, and Harlan is mad. The rest of the timing is pure speculation.

A business community that apparently knows very little about public safety

Or a fanbase overreacting. Hmmm, which could it possibly be?

An ex player murdered. Hmmm, I will go with business community knowing very little about public safety.

Yes, because no one is ever murdered in any other part of town.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Well of course Willie should have kept it in house.  You don't make things like that public.  PR 101, things that a DI coach should know.

He was asked a question, he answered it like a man.  Is it off limits?  Yes, he said.  Should he have said, "That's up to the AD that feels Ybor City, despite it's crime, is a cherished and historical place in our Bay Area community and culture....

I wish Harlan would have supported his head coach more than a booster. I realize that it is the sign of the times for USF football, but it does not make it right in my opinion.

I think it is pretty obvious that Willie blindsided Harlan.  No reason for Harlan to be ticked if Willie hadn't blindsided him.  

Harlan is running the show these days.

Clearly, by the timing, someone else blindsided Harlan.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

databull should probably look at homicide data is little closer.  especially data that involves homicides that are random and not retaliatory by nature.  

You get the sense that Harlan and WT aren't on the same page more often than not.

6 wins or I think WT is out.

Maybe his saying Ybor is off limits seals his fate.  We'll have to check with the donors.

I wish Harlan would have supported his head coach more than a booster. I realize that it is the sign of the times for USF football, but it does not make it right in my opinion.

I think it is pretty obvious that Willie blindsided Harlan.  No reason for Harlan to be ticked if Willie hadn't blindsided him.

Harlan is running the show these days.

The only question about that is that CWT made the declaration around noon. Harlan's press release didn't come out until 5. If Harlan was truly ticked by just what CWT said, why did he wait 5 hours?

How else could you come up with the horsefeathers he put in his release?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

Thing is donors DO set the "rules" at times .... he who has the gold .... and there was a way this could've been worked out where all parties could have sat down, hashed it out and been placated but Harlan royally ****** it up with that premature press release.