• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stand with Willie!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Matt, leaving the recruiting aside, what would any of our fathers have said to us if Elkino was our friend. Exactly what CWT would have said is my guess. He actually cares about the guys in the program. Most coaches really do.

of course, i didn't mean it to come across as hollow.  i think Willie believes what he said 110%.  and that is why he recruits well.  Not that he was making a statement with future recruits in mind.  I guess I should have said 'the reason CWT recruits so well is because the spoke from his heart about the death of a former player, someone he truly looked at as a son.  He wouldn't let his own kids go to an "after party" in Ybor and he wouldn't let his players either."  

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

You get the sense that Harlan and WT aren't on the same page more often than not.

6 wins or I think WT is out.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

You get the sense that Harlan and WT aren't on the same page more often than not.

May need 6 with bowl win

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Must have been a rare day when Taggart went in to Harlan's office and told him that he had decided to change the offense, and found out that was exactly what Harlan was thinking!  A rare day when they both were thinking the same thing at the same time...

;)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,705
  • Days Won:  424

I wish Harlan would have supported his head coach more than a booster. I realize that it is the sign of the times for USF football, but it does not make it right in my opinion.

I think it is pretty obvious that Willie blindsided Harlan.  No reason for Harlan to be ticked if Willie hadn't blindsided him.  

Harlan is running the show these days.

The only question about that is that CWT made the declaration around noon. Harlan's press release didn't come out until 5. If Harlan was truly ticked by just what CWT said, why did he wait 5 hours?

and i just read that Gonzmart was in fact the booster who complained.  

That is such a joke.  He knows **** well Ybor isn't safe at 3am.  My friend worked at the Columbia and got robbed at gun point leaving the Columbia.  It is a known problem for servers there because they leave with cash.  Yet Mr. Ybor Gonzmart does nothing to protect them. 

Anyone who has lived in Tampa for more than 1 year and watches the news knows Ybor is home to many homicides.  And they all are late night violent deaths.  

I wish Harlan would have supported his head coach more than a booster. I realize that it is the sign of the times for USF football, but it does not make it right in my opinion.

I think it is pretty obvious that Willie blindsided Harlan.  No reason for Harlan to be ticked if Willie hadn't blindsided him.

The only question about that is that CWT made the declaration around noon. Harlan's press release didn't come out until 5. If Harlan was truly ticked by just what CWT said, why did he wait 5 hours?

cause it took Gonzmart to get off his private flight back from Germany to say he was mad before Harlan responded.  I think this is a huge black eye for USF.  I am a 49ers fan so I am fully aware of what happens with front office and coaches aren't on the same page.  

Depends when Harlan found out about it.  We don't know what Harlan was or wasn't doing during that time, or how long word took to filter to him.  

It also takes a while to assess damage, talk to Willie and other coaches, etc.

Not to mention it is best to wait until 5pm so that he would conveniently be unavailable to the coach and the press for comment.   :FIREdevil:

Data- did you read the quotes from Richard Gonzmart in the Joey Knight piece?

it is pretty clear what happened.  

Depends when Harlan found out about it.  We don't know what Harlan was or wasn't doing during that time, or how long word took to filter to him.  

It also takes a while to assess damage, talk to Willie and other coaches, etc.

Not to mention it is best to wait until 5pm so that he would conveniently be unavailable to the coach and the press for comment.   :FIREdevil:

Alternatively, Harlan got him into the office in the afternoon to discuss the matter and CWT did something then to tick Harlan off.  Either way, Harlan seems to be drawing a line in the sand.