• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

It would seem the bus has started moving again.... did we finally put everyone in the right seat?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

It would seem the bus has started moving again.... did we finally put everyone in the right seat?

At this point, I'd say the bus finally has gas in the tank. Not quite sure if the engine is even started yet.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

All we have is evidence the bus is capable of moving. Needs some premium gasoline, a little fuel stabilizer and a solid performance through the weekend and we'll know a bit more what kind of distance we should expect out of it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,959
  • Days Won:  12

Rewatching the game right now. 

It's halfway through the second quarter, we are up 3-0 to FAMU and look very shaky. Yes, I know how it ends but 20+ minutes of this quality of play has me thinking we haven't shaken all the rust off yet

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

It's halfway through the second quarter, we are up 3-0 to FAMU and look very shaky. Yes, I know how it ends but 20+ minutes of this quality of play has me thinking we haven't shaken all the rust off yet

I'm with you. I didn't watch live, had to watch a replay late last night/early this morning, but checked my phone last night and saw 12 min. left in the 2nd, it was 3-0. I can safely say happy thoughts weren't running through my head at that moment.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I'm with you. I didn't watch live, had to watch a replay late last night/early this morning, but checked my phone last night and saw 12 min. left in the 2nd, it was 3-0. I can safely say happy thoughts weren't running through my head at that moment.

I was at a dinner for my wife with about 10 USF employees and the talk around the table was not pleasant for the first half of the meal.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,959
  • Days Won:  12

4 and a half minutes left in 2nd Q. Just punted. Only TD was a wild scramble by QF after a bunch of penalties, etc. Again, I know the ending, but I need to see way better performance than this throughout the season. 

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

I wonder what engine its got in there.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

A lot of our fans are starving for positive results. Saturday was fun, it was nice to watch. It showed we had some life.

FAMU is a bad FCS school who is on reduced scholarship NCAA probation and recently gutted their entire athletic department.

Just from play point of view some of our close losses last year impressed me more than Saturday.

But it's been awhile, you have to let it slide for now. Maryland should be the game to determine where we really stand. (FSU is too deep right now)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Agree FAMU and FSU shouldn't be the gauge to determine how the season will play out or the progress of the team.   FAMU is  the extreme  opposite end  of FSU.   We are somewhere in the middle I Suspect (hopefully closer to FSU Than FAMU).

Edited by Dhambuc