• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Article on Coach Taggart, Kinnan, and Hope

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

I didn't realize TCU was 4-8 in 2013. Gives us hope that drastic turnarounds are possible.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I didn't realize TCU was 4-8 in 2013. Gives us hope that drastic turnarounds are possible.

That's true, but it's only drastic if you take those two seasons.

2010: 13-0

2011: 11-2

2012: 7-6

2013: 4-8

2014: 12-1

2015: Preseason top 5

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

TCU has a mammoth o line and receivers who catch the ball on the reg.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

wasn't 2013 their first yr in the big 12?

Edited by 2000bull

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Don't think Coach T is really worried about his job as much as some think he should be. He most likely thinks that we will get at least 6 wins here (enough to save his job I imagine). If not He has the Harbaugh connection so he knows he will land somewhere,( Michigan or in the NFL with Baltimore) and he will make as much or more money than he currently makes when u add his pay out and his new contract. So I wouldn't worry too much either if I were him.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

Don't think Coach T is really worried about his job as much as some think he should be. He most likely thinks that we will get at least 6 wins here (enough to save his job I imagine). If not He has the Harbaugh connection so he knows he will land somewhere,( Michigan or in the NFL with Baltimore) and he will make as much or more money than he currently makes when u add his pay out and his new contract. So I wouldn't worry too much either if I were him.

Any coach worth his salt is not worried about his job (cue the not worth his salt babble). They make decisions based on what they think is best for the program and if they're right, with that comes job security ...

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I'm not terribly worried about the emotional/financial impact on CWT. I do care about the impact on USF though.

Edited by JTrue

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

I thought it was a good read and wanted to share it.  Any thoughts?  Especially the last line...

http://www.bradenton.com/2015/08/28/5962617/college-football-preview-kinnan.html

"It was my idea to switch the offense. I thought we finally have the personnel to do it and it is the best way for us to win," Taggart said. "I am not worried about my job, that would be unfair to the kids. It would be selfish and I am not a selfish guy. We expect a big improvement this year. How many wins I don't know, but more than last year."

The Bulls were 4-8 last year and 2-10 in the first season under Taggart. Their offense was ranked 118th out of 125 FBS schools last season and 121st in 2013. Kinnan says those stats mean absolutely nothing.

"That is in the past and we can't look back. We are morphing into a different football team with a different offensive philosophy because we have a different type of personnel here," Kinnan said. "Look at TCU. In 2013, they were 4-8 and ranked 104th in total offense. In 2014, they were 12-1 and ranked fifth."

Certainly falls in the realm of "anything is possible."  It is mainly coach speak, what else do we expect them to say?  I imagine if you gave them a truth pill it would be something like this:

CWT, why did you change your offense? - My boss said we play boring football and if we are going to lose we better have 21 points on the board at a minimum and we will not have many 21 point games with the offense I wanted to run.

CWT, are you worried about your job? - That is a stupid question, of coarse I am worried.  I have been saying the same thing for three off seasons and I am out of excuses.  I would like more time but this a make or break season for me, bowl game or I am out.  If we lose against FAMU I may not be here toward the end of the season.

Kinnan, you said going 6-18 over the last two years and being ranked almost at the very bottom of FBS offenses means nothing, do you really believe that? - No, but I did find one example, TCU, to give the fan base hope.  I have no reasonable expectation that we will all of a sudden be ranked in the top half of FBS offenses, but I can't say that.  The silver lining for me is that if I do show a solid improvement, I may have a head coaching job next year.  

Right, like anyone is going give CWT truth serum and not ask, "Why do you hate Bench?"

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

I thought it was a good read and wanted to share it.  Any thoughts?  Especially the last line...

http://www.bradenton.com/2015/08/28/5962617/college-football-preview-kinnan.html

"It was my idea to switch the offense. I thought we finally have the personnel to do it and it is the best way for us to win," Taggart said. "I am not worried about my job, that would be unfair to the kids. It would be selfish and I am not a selfish guy. We expect a big improvement this year. How many wins I don't know, but more than last year."

The Bulls were 4-8 last year and 2-10 in the first season under Taggart. Their offense was ranked 118th out of 125 FBS schools last season and 121st in 2013. Kinnan says those stats mean absolutely nothing.

"That is in the past and we can't look back. We are morphing into a different football team with a different offensive philosophy because we have a different type of personnel here," Kinnan said. "Look at TCU. In 2013, they were 4-8 and ranked 104th in total offense. In 2014, they were 12-1 and ranked fifth."

Certainly falls in the realm of "anything is possible."  It is mainly coach speak, what else do we expect them to say?  I imagine if you gave them a truth pill it would be something like this:

CWT, why did you change your offense? - My boss said we play boring football and if we are going to lose we better have 21 points on the board at a minimum and we will not have many 21 point games with the offense I wanted to run.

CWT, are you worried about your job? - That is a stupid question, of coarse I am worried.  I have been saying the same thing for three off seasons and I am out of excuses.  I would like more time but this a make or break season for me, bowl game or I am out.  If we lose against FAMU I may not be here toward the end of the season.

Kinnan, you said going 6-18 over the last two years and being ranked almost at the very bottom of FBS offenses means nothing, do you really believe that? - No, but I did find one example, TCU, to give the fan base hope.  I have no reasonable expectation that we will all of a sudden be ranked in the top half of FBS offenses, but I can't say that.  The silver lining for me is that if I do show a solid improvement, I may have a head coaching job next year.  

A bit jaded for my taste, but I can see where you are coming from. I can also see the CK's point as the system is completely changing in many ways its a fresh start. What that means though is that we will have bumps in the road. 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Right, like anyone is going give CWT truth serum and not ask, "Why do you hate Bench?"

Can we pleeeeaaaasssseeee?????