• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Article on Coach Taggart, Kinnan, and Hope

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Will it be a snozzberry? Cause that's the kind of fruit we've been eating for too long.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  116
  • Days Won:  0

Taggart can recruit but not game plan. He is not head coach material, better suited for coordinator position at mid major, not sure western Kentucky would take this version of taggart.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

I thought it was a good read and wanted to share it. Any thoughts? Especially the last line...

http://www.bradenton.com/2015/08/28/5962617/college-football-preview-kinnan.html

"It was my idea to switch the offense. I thought we finally have the personnel to do it and it is the best way for us to win," Taggart said. "I am not worried about my job, that would be unfair to the kids. It would be selfish and I am not a selfish guy. We expect a big improvement this year. How many wins I don't know, but more than last year."

The Bulls were 4-8 last year and 2-10 in the first season under Taggart. Their offense was ranked 118th out of 125 FBS schools last season and 121st in 2013. Kinnan says those stats mean absolutely nothing.

"That is in the past and we can't look back. We are morphing into a different football team with a different offensive philosophy because we have a different type of personnel here," Kinnan said. "Look at TCU. In 2013, they were 4-8 and ranked 104th in total offense. In 2014, they were 12-1 and ranked fifth."

Certainly falls in the realm of "anything is possible." It is mainly coach speak, what else do we expect them to say? I imagine if you gave them a truth pill it would be something like this:

CWT, why did you change your offense? - My boss said we play boring football and if we are going to lose we better have 21 points on the board at a minimum and we will not have many 21 point games with the offense I wanted to run.

CWT, are you worried about your job? - That is a stupid question, of coarse I am worried. I have been saying the same thing for three off seasons and I am out of excuses. I would like more time but this a make or break season for me, bowl game or I am out. If we lose against FAMU I may not be here toward the end of the season.

Kinnan, you said going 6-18 over the last two years and being ranked almost at the very bottom of FBS offenses means nothing, do you really believe that? - No, but I did find one example, TCU, to give the fan base hope. I have no reasonable expectation that we will all of a sudden be ranked in the top half of FBS offenses, but I can't say that. The silver lining for me is that if I do show a solid improvement, I may have a head coaching job next year.

Right, like anyone is going give CWT truth serum and not ask, "Why do you hate Bench?"

Can we pleeeeaaaasssseeee?????

I'm in!!!!

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

Taggart can recruit but not game plan. He is not head coach material, better suited for coordinator position at mid major, not sure western Kentucky would take this version of taggart.

I don't believe we had the level of players needed to execute. I never had a problem with his game day decisions, I feel like we had all of 2 offensive weapons and nothing to support them consistently. Our team was in horrible shape and I don't think Nick Saban could have done anything productive with that group. You have to build the foundation and restock the cupboard. I believe Cwt has done that and will prove all of his doubters wrong. Just watch.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

I don't believe we had the level of players needed to execute. I never had a problem with his game day decisions, I feel like we had all of 2 offensive weapons and nothing to support them consistently. Our team was in horrible shape and I don't think Nick Saban could have done anything productive with that group. You have to build the foundation and restock the cupboard. I believe Cwt has done that and will prove all of his doubters wrong. Just watch.

I agree on several points and also "hope" that CWT is righting the ship. For sure the talent is getting back up there and he doesn't seem to put up with lack of discipline or passion to play. All good things.

He has definitely made some poor gameday decisions, calls and it is clear to me he is still adjusting to this level of football. That's ok by me, its where we are at. Some positives that I have seen over CSH, and dare I say CJL, is that he is not putting up with mediocre coaching and is working the personal angle to bring in people that are all in and capable. I like that. Also this isn't a stepping stone for him. If he resurrects this program, he will be here for quite some time to come. But FIRST, win baby win!! 

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

I would also like to see some fire out of him on the sidelines, alas I don't think that is the type of coach he is...

Guest PCBull14

Anyone see the NDSU vs. Montana game today? Installs are not as complex as people think. Sure some hitches will happen at first, but it can be successfully done in one off-season. Montana's offense has the type of athletes that we have here. Our athletes have a lot more raw talent obviously being D-1 guys. The offense will be much better this year. I got faith in this team. I also believe our players are a lot more progressed then some believe. The scheme has just been total wrong to show that. It probably would have worked this year and then failed again like Stan Heaths basketball tenure. 

No reason to think we will go bowling and CWT stays around. I don't think JK wants to be a head coach of a college program. I could be wrong, but having total control of the offense seems to be just fine for him. Also doing it under a former student of his, his leash is super long. Its the perfect deal and set-up. If I'm him I prove that I still got it after the terrible exiting at Manatee and bask in the glory. The guy has allies all over this area as well. Our recruiting may get better from a sheer trust factor. It truly is the perfect set-up. I have it feeling it works out and can't wait to see if does! Go BULLS!

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

I agree on several points and also "hope" that CWT is righting the ship. For sure the talent is getting back up there and he doesn't seem to put up with lack of discipline or passion to play. All good things.

He has definitely made some poor gameday decisions, calls and it is clear to me he is still adjusting to this level of football. That's ok by me, its where we are at. Some positives that I have seen over CSH, and dare I say CJL, is that he is not putting up with mediocre coaching and is working the personal angle to bring in people that are all in and capable. I like that. Also this isn't a stepping stone for him. If he resurrects this program, he will be here for quite some time to come. But FIRST, win baby win!!

+1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Anyone see the NDSU vs. Montana game today? Installs are not as complex as people think. 

So when Taggart told us the last two years that our offense was horrible because the players were not yet understanding the offense, he was lying?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Anyone see the NDSU vs. Montana game today? Installs are not as complex as people think. s that we have here.

Kind of hard to compare.

That's that guys offense. taggart came in preaching the ground and pound.

You want a similar comparison, look at Muschamp/Florida last year. Taggart is trying to pull a complete 180 on his philosophy and the team's offense. Whether it works remains to be seen.