• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"The Bulls Players Are Starting To Care About Each Other Like WKU Players"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I've just been on the board for a long time (though not as long as some) and remember when the population frequenting this board was more of a community of USF fans supportive of each other's support for the university. Contention was present but not constant/immediate, and discussions were generally relevant and often intelligent. It was usually a place I would proudly tell a recruit, a young student considering USF, or a parent of an athlete or student to check out. These days, I find myself hoping that a minimal number of stakeholders look here for fear they will note rampant poor reflection on our university.

Aw, look at me. I've gotten old.

Yeah, back when the team was winning much more often people were happier and less argumentative.

Why do you think that was?
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I've just been on the board for a long time (though not as long as some) and remember when the population frequenting this board was more of a community of USF fans supportive of each other's support for the university. Contention was present but not constant/immediate, and discussions were generally relevant and often intelligent. It was usually a place I would proudly tell a recruit, a young student considering USF, or a parent of an athlete or student to check out. These days, I find myself hoping that a minimal number of stakeholders look here for fear they will note rampant poor reflection on our university.

Yeah, back when the team was winning much more often people were happier and less argumentative.

Exactly.  The hard times USF football has gone through since 2010-2011 have brought out the worst in the fans, however, like Shadow said, most other boards are WAY worse.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

It actually started before that. As growth boomed in 2007, many bandwagoneers joined. Membership skyrocketed. When Leavitt couldn't deliver what the new, immediate gratification crowd wanted - hell began to break loose.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

I have been reading the board since around '03 and while there are a few people I just tend to ignore, I feel its not that bad a community here on TBP.

As far as the recent negativity I am of the mind its par for the course when you go through such a unforseen and drastic change (ie firing CJL) and having 5ish down seasons.

I think the trajectory was so high and to fall so fast so hard stings a bit. Not everyone knows how to deal and perspective can be lost. Here's hoping to this season being a start of something great again at USF!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

It actually started before that. As growth boomed in 2007, many bandwagoneers joined. Membership skyrocketed. When Leavitt couldn't deliver what the new, immediate gratification crowd wanted - hell began to break loose.

yup

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Exactly.  The hard times USF football has gone through since 2010-2011 have brought out the worst in the fans, however, like Shadow said, most other boards are WAY worse.  

It has also brought a greater appreciation for the things that unite us such as Publix subs, chicken wings and conference realignment threads.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

It has also brought a greater appreciation for the things that unite us such as Publix subs, chicken wings and conference realignment threads.

nailed_it_RE_20th_Century_fox_theme_on_f

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

****, I agree with both you mopes on this ...

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

****, I agree with both you mopes on this ...

:thumbsup:

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I agree with you Brad. I remember posting about it back then. I joined officially in 05 but had been reading the board since around 02. Drastic difference during/after 07 season, though I see your point Shadow et al that losing seasons and failed expectations exacerbate things easily.