• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"The Bulls Players Are Starting To Care About Each Other Like WKU Players"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

So if the team is now jelling like it should, why were the major coaching positions replaced and offensive and defensive schemes changed? If this was a player attitude issue, why wouldn't he still be using his system? Wouldn't the majority of the team better know his system from his first year vs totally changing it year 3? I don't hate CWT, but I think he's in over his head and a better coach would have had USF bowling last year.

And yeah, I think CWT could admit that he's floundered to find an effective scheme on both sides of the ball. He doesn't have to use those terms, but looking back his tenure at USF to me seems less like coaching and more like on the job training.

You're making up an argument he's never made.  No where, let me repeat that slowly...NO WHERE in that article did he state that the past 2 years were disasters because of a team chemistry issues.  

I know this may be hard for some of you to grasp, but in a team sport, its an accumulation of issues that typically lead to a loss or a bad season overall.  Team chemistry (for anyone who watches and follows this team knows) played a part (again, a part, not the whole reason, not the only reason, but a part) in our struggles.  A lack of DI QB played a part (player and coaching issue).  Some poor play calling on offense and defense played a part (coaching issue).  Poor execution played a part (player issue).  Lack of talent played a part (previous coach issue).  Its not a black and white scenario, and Taggart at no time has made a black and white argument like this.  

Nowhere?

"I see a team that's starting to care about each other like the way that team at Western does. That's a big part of it."

Hmmm...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,407
  • Days Won:  13

So if the team is now jelling like it should, why were the major coaching positions replaced and offensive and defensive schemes changed? If this was a player attitude issue, why wouldn't he still be using his system? Wouldn't the majority of the team better know his system from his first year vs totally changing it year 3? I don't hate CWT, but I think he's in over his head and a better coach would have had USF bowling last year.

And yeah, I think CWT could admit that he's floundered to find an effective scheme on both sides of the ball. He doesn't have to use those terms, but looking back his tenure at USF to me seems less like coaching and more like on the job training.

You're making up an argument he's never made. No where, let me repeat that slowly...NO WHERE in that article did he state that the past 2 years were disasters because of a team chemistry...

Nowhere did he say it was because of anything he's done. It would have been refreshing to hear him say that perhaps he should have done offensively year one what he's going to do this year.

Like I said, OTJT.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

And some wondered why CJL didn't want to talk to the media.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

You're making up an argument he's never made.  No where, let me repeat that slowly...NO WHERE in that article did he state that the past 2 years were disasters because of a team chemistry issues.  

I know this may be hard for some of you to grasp, but in a team sport, its an accumulation of issues that typically lead to a loss or a bad season overall.  Team chemistry (for anyone who watches and follows this team knows) played a part (again, a part, not the whole reason, not the only reason, but a part) in our struggles.  A lack of DI QB played a part (player and coaching issue).  Some poor play calling on offense and defense played a part (coaching issue).  Poor execution played a part (player issue).  Lack of talent played a part (previous coach issue).  Its not a black and white scenario, and Taggart at no time has made a black and white argument like this.  

Nowhere?

"I see a team that's starting to care about each other like the way that team at Western does. That's a big part of it."

Hmmm...

And statement right before that.....".......and I'm really excited about the season. I think we're going to have one heck of a season."   

So he's stating that seeing his team jell and come together is a part of the reason why he's excited for this year.  Where in that does he place sole blame on his first two seasons on a lack of team chemistry.  Again, you guys are so desperate to hate on anything Taggart related that you are making up arguments.  

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

I read the article and I am not detecting any blame shifting at all.  Head coaches are going to notice and call out things like this because they have to set the tone and be leaders.  He has been pretty consistent about what he wants to see from the players in that regard so why stop now?  It's not a bad thing to ask for. 

And yes the bad offense and playcalling (and bend-but-lose defense) also had a big part of it.  Supposedly they are addressing that this year, but we'll have to wait and see.  I don't think he is totally putting the blame on one thing or the other but it would be obvious to anyone stat-wise what needed to improve this year.  By openly changing the offensive and defensive systems, they are essentially saying that the last ones didn't work.  It kind of goes without saying to me.  If they shake it up and it works, everyone will buy in and we'll have a great recruiter and philosophy locked in.  

Nowhere?

Hmmm...

And statement right before that.....".......and I'm really excited about the season. I think we're going to have one heck of a season."   

So he's stating that seeing his team jell and come together is a part of the reason why he's excited for this year.  Where in that does he place sole blame on his first two seasons on a lack of team chemistry.  Again, you guys are so desperate to hate on anything Taggart related that you are making up arguments.  

Where did I ever say SOLELY?  You are putting words in my text now.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

Moderators, can you give negative post counts for absurd threads?

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

Nowhere?

Hmmm...

Where did I ever say SOLELY?  You are putting words in my text now.

Pot_Calling_the_Kettle_Black_T-Shirt.png

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

If only .....

Bottom line in this absurdity, it was something CWT said in a throwaway last 2 paragraphs of an article that had basically nothing to do with USF. Trying to spin this the way the OP, and others, have is a freaking joke .... not an unexpected freaking joke considering the usual suspects.... but a joke nonetheless.

If only .....

Bottom line in this absurdity, it was something CWT said in a throwaway last 2 paragraphs of an article that had basically nothing to do with USF. Trying to spin this the way the OP, and others, have is a freaking joke .... not an unexpected freaking joke considering the usual suspects.... but a joke nonetheless.

Yeah, because Taggart knew it was going to be the last two lines in the article.  

:facepalm:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1